LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
You really should NOT name drop at all

Never understood the name dropping police....

You really think someone is going to change their pick based on me saying a name? Espicially in a money league?

They might. Especially if you throw out some news info on the player. Better to just not say anything about a player until they are picked.

this, especially in a money league, just best not to possible change the draft plan of people or screw others over lol
Originally posted by RonMexico:
this, especially in a money league, just best not to possible change the draft plan of people or screw others over lol

I won't say any other names, but I think you guys are crazy if you think someone is going to actually think in their heads "hmm I really like X player, but SDN just said the name of Y player. I'm going with Y."

Maybe in the late rounds when everyone is shopping for sleepers and they didn't bother doing a big board. But early rounds everybody is aware of who is drafted and who the other top players are. For example, before the 1st pick whats the big deal if I said "Aaron Rodgers." Do you really think NinerJohn would then decide on taking Foster over Rodgers?

As far as news on a player, its public knowledge. Just google he who must not be named and it will pop up right away. Same with checkin ESPN (does anybody not check ESPN before they draft for any updates on players?!?).
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:

I won't say any other names, but I think you guys are crazy if you think someone is going to actually think in their heads "hmm I really like X player, but SDN just said the name of Y player. I'm going with Y."

Maybe in the late rounds when everyone is shopping for sleepers and they didn't bother doing a big board. But early rounds everybody is aware of who is drafted and who the other top players are.

As far as news on a player, its public knowledge. Just google he who must not be named and it will pop up right away. Same with checkin ESPN (does anybody not check ESPN before they draft for any updates on players?!?).

Of course its public knowledge. The owner should do his homework to get the info. Anyway, just to make sure no one gets uptight better top just not say a word.
It's not a WZ draft until John gets into it with someone!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

LOL. I dont think that qualifies as getting into it. I consider it a nice friendly reminder to keep quiet about players.

LOL. I dont think that qualifies as getting into it. I consider it a nice friendly reminder to keep quiet about players.

I'm trying to instigate here.

PS...You're not actually going to let him talk to you like that, are you SunDevil?
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM ]

PS...You're not actually going to let him talk to you like that, are you SunDevil?

LOL Pete. You are pretty feisty these days.

LOL Pete. You are pretty feisty these days.

I should have invited andes14 to join this league, why didn't I think this through?

I'm afraid he will quit if I keep going.

The amount of paranoia in a webzone draft is uncanny.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I should have invited andes14 to join this league, why didn't I think this through?

You motherf**k.

Quick suggestion or idea guys... I'm not in a rush to get through this draft by no means but we could possibly get through a few rounds quicker if we made a webzone chat and still made our picks in here. I don't know if anyone is down but it's just an idea. Im having fun either way.

Oh no you di'int

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Quick suggestion or idea guys... I'm not in a rush to get through this draft by no means but we could possibly get through a few rounds quicker if we made a webzone chat and still made our picks in here. I don't know if anyone is down but it's just an idea. Im having fun either way.

calm down rook

we actually got started with plenty of time, you'll be surprised how quickly this gets done.

you're pretty much suggesting we do an online draft

Oh no you di'int

I wonder if there is Sabermetrics I can use for fantasy football. Maybe I should PM Identity Crisis.
Share 49ersWebzone