LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Keeper League 2QB Draft Strategy Help

Hey just looking for some outside advice here.

12 team non PPR league (4 pts for passing touchdown, 5 pts for rushing touchdown, 6 pts for receiving touchdown)
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
RB/WR
TE
QB/TE
K
DEF
8 BENCH

The draft is tonight and it's snake format with me drafting 1.2 and then 2.11 and so forth. Rodgers will be going #1 and I'll be on the clock with a pretty decent amount of ways I can go. I was thinking of drafting Tom Brady and then going back to back RB for rounds 2 and 3 and getting my 2nd qb in round 4. My thinking was I'd end up with a Forte/Murray combo since rookies aren't included in the draft, I'm sure Charles will slip as well. What are your thoughts on how I should go about this because I could obviously go with Arian Foster and then flip two qb's in rounds 2 and 3....hmmmmmm!!!!
on a keeper league with that setup I don't see why you wouldn't draft Cam with the #2 pick
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
on a keeper league with that setup I don't see why you wouldn't draft Cam with the #2 pick

ya I'd go with Newton #2 but you also cant go wrong with Brady
If you just want to be safe-r i guess go with Brady. But Id go with Newton
I like the idea of Newton because the keeper league is keeping your entire team and the drafts there after are rookies only so trades will be flying lol. But we're only paid for two years so who knows if this league will last 5-6 years which would make Brady the better pick because he's a guaranteed 23+ points per game for 4-5 years...it's tough lol!!!
Originally posted by Thrash88:
I like the idea of Newton because the keeper league is keeping your entire team and the drafts there after are rookies only so trades will be flying lol. But we're only paid for two years so who knows if this league will last 5-6 years which would make Brady the better pick because he's a guaranteed 23+ points per game for 4-5 years...it's tough lol!!!

so is it a dynasty league?

don't get me wrong, Brady isn't a bad pick, but me personally I'd take the big-risk-big-reward Newton
Shoot forget all that look at the scoring.. qbs 4 pts for TDs rbs 5 Wrs 6.. call me crazy but I'd take Calvin Johnson if you are not afraid.of the madden curse. If you insist on taking a qb I wouldn't go back to back rbs as wrs are worth more and u use more of them.. focus on stud WRs as they are more.valuable by your pt system.. I know this draft already took place but that's what i woulda done.
I don't see cam repeating a season like he had last yr.. a lot of that was Steve smith .. also now there is game tape on newton.. see Michael vick first yr back compared to following.. cam is going to be a fantasy bust this year .
Share 49ersWebzone