Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Somebody pm rose for me please

ok.. Rose picks Aubrey Huff.

Next pick!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Gimmie Fantasy's top catching prospect and 1B elibible to boot....

The sweet music of Carlos Santana!!!

I loved him on my team last year...and tried to keep him. Just couldn't justify keeping him over Castro and Lawrie
Pick #21:

I'll make a selection I might live to regret :

Josh Hamilton LF/CF

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Thank you thank you thank you - I will get to keep this guy on my team, relieved and thankful.

Jacoby Ellsbury, CF

I almost took him, but I didn't want him in both this league and wz baseball league. Plus I'm not convinced that he's a perennial 30 homer a year guy. But good pick.

Yea, I don't know if he will hit 30 HRs ever again - but he scored 3rd most pts last season and does so many things well. I'm gettin' him practically in 6th round again - so I'll take that. Had you or V taken Ellsbury, CarGo was my 2nd best player available in the draft, and Tex being the 3rd best.

I loved him on my team last year...and tried to keep him. Just couldn't justify keeping him over Castro and Lawrie

I would have kept him over Castro and Lawrie to be honest....1) its a premium position, and he is #1 on many boards 2) he gets on base constantly, and walks alot, his average should be alot better this year

I would have kept him over Castro and Lawrie to be honest....1) its a premium position, and he is #1 on many boards 2) he gets on base constantly, and walks alot, his average should be alot better this year

lol of course I am saying that I would keep him over others because he is on my team, to each his own though...I just got a new keeper though!
I think I'm up, but someone remind me of the bench rules... What is the max SP?

These are the rules from last year... I'm assuming we are keeping it the same:

Pitching Rules:

1) You must keep 2 RP on your roster at all times.

2) Regardless of Yahoo's position eligibilities, you can only start starting pitchers at starting pitcher, and you can only start guys who come out of the pen at RP. Guys like Jhoulys Chacin who have RP eligibility based on LAST YEAR cannot be used at RP unless they come out of the pen THIS YEAR.

3) You may only have a maximum of 8 starting pitchers on your team.

There are 5 SP spots, 1 flex P spot, and 5 total bench spots to be used on either hitters or pitchers. I'm going to assume that most people will have a starting pitcher at the flex spot, so that means you can have a maximum of 2 starting pitchers on your bench.

There is one DL spot. If you have a pitcher on the DL, that guy will not count toward your total of 8 starting pitchers
Where'd Nature Boy go?
SP Zack Greinke
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
SP Zack Greinke

King Felix, Verlander, Strasburg and now Greinke.

I wasn't taking Ellsbury with Granderson on my roster, and the reason why I even had a 1st round pick is because I traded b***h ass CarGo last year so I wasn't taking him with my 1st pick, I feel like I know what I'm getting with Teix
Share 49ersWebzone