There are 201 users in the forums

Week 8 Waiver WRs.... Braylon Edwards?

I need to pick up a WR for week 8 (3 Wrs on byes for me), and I'd like it to be someone that might help me out for the rest of the season. Right now my WR group of Roddy, Holmes, Cruz, and DHB isn't getting that much done even when they don't have byes. So I'm looking to grab someone that I can start week 8, but I could also use later in the season if my other guys don't pick it up.

One guy I'm wondering about is Braylon Edwards. Seems like if he comes back this week he could easily become Alex's favorite target. The 9ers passing game is no longer the black hole I used to avoid. But I really don't know if he's on track to come back.

Other guys available are:

Jerome Simpson
David Nelson
Emmanual Sanders
Brandon LeFell
Jason Avant
Titus Young

Right now I'm leaning towards David Nelson or Jerome Simpson. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Jerome Simpson has been pretty solid this year. Nelson has slowed down as of late.

Id probably go Simpson
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
We are not a passing team. Edwards will always be a risk for that.

Simpson does seem to be the best on your list.
Started Simpson last week and was rewarded with a decent game.

Now I'm wondering if I should keep him or pick up one of these WRs:

Lance Moore
Braylon Edwards
Torrey Smith

Kinda leaning towards Moore just because of how prolific the Saints passing game is. But I think a reasonable case could be made for all of them.

My other WRs are Roddy, Holmes, Cruz and DHB. They have all had byes, so my last WR spot is basically insurance against injury or sucking. Both of which have been issues with my guys....

Who do you guys like as a long term option?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
keep Simpson.
Originally posted by Janitor:
keep Simpson.

This. Lance moore is worth a look doe
Jonathan Baldwin available? He's looking great for KC.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by marshniners24:
keep Simpson.

Meh, since colston is back his numbers aren't good, and won't get better.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
keep Simpson.

Meh, since colston is back his numbers aren't good, and won't get better.

I was talking out of that group
Thanks, everyone for all the good advice. Since you're being so helpful, and there have been some new drops on the wavier wire, I'll expand my question a little bit.

I'm 4-4 but at the bottom of the league in points scored. It's non PPR, 3 WR, 2 RB 1 flex. My team looks like:

Romo
Roddy, Holmes, Cruz, DHB, Simpson
Gore, Blount, Tolbert, Thomas, Torain, Hunter, Ogbonnaya
Hernandez
Novak
Saints D

I'm trying not make any big panic moves because I've managed to stay middle of the pack while my team has had serious injury/bye/sucking struggles. And I think they will perform better in the future (don't we always think that...).

So right now my most droppable players are Simpson, Torain, Ogbonnaya, with Torain probably at the top of the list. I'm hesitant to drop him because he's one of only 32 starting RBs, but he's done nothing but embarrass himself for weeks.

I was looking to add a WR with potential, but today a few people dropped some decent QBs. And I'm thinking maybe getting a back up for Romo would be better.

The top QBs available are Cassel, Bradford, Palmer, Smith, Jackson, Kolb. I'd love to land Cassel (great matchups next few weeks), and will probably drop Torain for him. I could see taking a flying on Palmer, but he seems like a HUGE question mark to me.

Jonathan Baldwin is not available, so the only decent WRs left are Braylon and Moore. Sounds like you all like Simpson more than them.

So what do you guys think? Target Cassel, drop Torain, stand pat at WR?

Thanks again!

Oops, double post
[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM ]
I probably wouldnt start Cassel over Romo, and I think the jury might still be out on Torain, I would stay still where you are.
Share 49ersWebzone