LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

NAKED PICTURES OF VALROD!

C- only because your QBs suck and you only have 1 good starting WR. When Stafford gets broke and if you lose Jennings your team will be hurt.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
C- only because your QBs suck and you only have 1 good starting WR. When Stafford gets broke and if you lose Jennings your team will be hurt.

Nah Ocho Cinco and Julio Jones are fine as 2nd/3rd receivers
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Nah Ocho Cinco and Julio Jones are fine as 2nd/3rd receivers

Agreed.
Holy s**t, I was ready to tug one out.

But okay, C+.
Not sure why so many people are sold on Stafford.

If he was your backup QB, I'd be fine with that. You'd be taking a chance on him taking a step forward as a young QB

But putting all your eggs in the Stafford train is just crazy

I think Stafford, if he can stay healthy, has a chance to be a top ten scoring QB this season. Plus, you can get him for cheap in the drafts and load up on other positions ahead of the pick. Though, taking a chance on him only makes sense if you can get a solid backup in case he does go down, like Freeman or Flacco. Boom or Bust.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Not sure why so many people are sold on Stafford.

If he was your backup QB, I'd be fine with that. You'd be taking a chance on him taking a step forward as a young QB

But putting all your eggs in the Stafford train is just crazy

I think Stafford, if he can stay healthy, has a chance to be a top ten scoring QB this season. Plus, you can get him for cheap in the drafts and load up on other positions ahead of the pick. Though, taking a chance on him only makes sense if you can get a solid backup in case he does go down, like Freeman or Flacco. Boom or Bust.

Top 10 no way.

I don't think you realize what it takes to be a top 10 fantasy QB. You have to throw for 4000 yards to be a top 10 QB.

Eli Manning who throws for around 4000 yards almost 30 TD's every year, barely sneaks into the top 10. Eli Manning is a below average starter in a 12 team fantasy league.

You think Stafford will outperform Eli Manning?

Stafford will finish around 13th-15th best overall QB if he's LUCKY.

He's the type of backup fantasy QB that you want to give spot starts to. Not rely on as your every week QB. Not in a 12 team league.
Top 10 no way.

I don't think you realize what it takes to be a top 10 fantasy QB. You have to throw for 4000 yards to be a top 10 QB.

Eli Manning who throws for around 4000 yards almost 30 TD's every year, barely sneaks into the top 10. Eli Manning is a below average starter in a 12 team fantasy league.

You think Stafford will outperform Eli Manning?

Stafford will finish around 13th-15th best overall QB if he's LUCKY.

He's the type of backup fantasy QB that you want to give spot starts to. Not rely on as your every week QB. Not in a 12 team league.

We'll see. It's not an exact science anyways. For me, who likes to draft QBs later on in drafts, he seemed like a fun risk to take this year. And I do think with the way that team is shaping up he has a chance at finishing top ten and outperforming Eli. But we shall see, that's what makes the NFL and FF so much fun!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Stafford is available in most leagues as a backup. That would have been great value. Good risk to take, and won't burn you if you have good options elsewhere.

Stafford is available in most leagues as a backup. That would have been great value. Good risk to take, and won't burn you if you have good options elsewhere.

my starting qb is available in most leagues as backup? are we talking about 6 team leagues?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
No we're talking about a 12 team league where Stafford won't finish in the top 12. Making him a backup QB.

You are hating on Stafford pretty hard... did he bang your mom?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think I'm hating at all. Just because I don't think he's a top 12 QB.That's not hating.

He's around 13-15 best QB. That's not good enough to be a starter in a 12 team league.

Stafford will probably play 13 games, finish over 3000 yards, and around 20-22 TDs.

That's backup QB in fantasy football.
We're talking about a draft where Tom went 3rd overall and the passing points are standard. Once I saw that create a domino fallout I wasn't about to be part of it so I tried to pick up wr's and rb's.

The question is can I be a top team with this roster? And AD was the way to go with the #1 pick, right?
Share 49ersWebzone