LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

How good is my fantasy football team and how should i improve it.

How good is my fantasy football team and how should i improve it. thanks

Qb Rivers
WR Dez Bryant
WR Austin Collie
WR Mario Manningham
RB chris johnson
RB frank gore
TE Jermichael finley
BN Eli manning
bn joseph addi
bn roy williams
bn jerome simpson
bn aaron hernandez

K Nate Kaeding
DEF NY Giants
BN Detroit
10 or 12 team?

PPR?

any wacky scoring we should know about?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
10 or 12 team?

PPR?

any wacky scoring we should know about?

standard scoring, Head-to-Head style with 10 teams.
hmmm, were CJ and Gore your first 2 picks? something tells me you could have done way better than Gore in round 2, and for a 10-team league your WR corps is sure lacking

Defense: why the hell do you even have TWO of them? and why the hell is DETROIT your 2nd D? did you not just tell me this is a 10-team league? there'll be LOTS of D's there for you to pick up whenever, INCLUDING Detroit

Not really a huge fan of your team TBH, on a 10 team league I'd imagine only 4 make it to the playoffs, and I don't think you'll be one of them

sorry
Nice team dont really like the Giants D and not a fan of having Det on the roster as well
hmmm, were CJ and Gore your first 2 picks? something tells me you could have done way better than Gore in round 2, and for a 10-team league your WR corps is sure lacking

Defense: why the hell do you even have TWO of them? and why the hell is DETROIT your 2nd D? did you not just tell me this is a 10-team league? there'll be LOTS of D's there for you to pick up whenever, INCLUDING Detroit

Not really a huge fan of your team TBH, on a 10 team league I'd imagine only 4 make it to the playoffs, and I don't think you'll be one of them

sorry

this was auto-picked. i plan on keeping one defense and looking to upgrade wr's
Originally posted by battletowin:
this was auto-picked. i plan on keeping one defense and looking to upgrade wr's

that actually makes sense
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CdnNinerfan:
Nice team dont really like the Giants D and not a fan of having Det on the roster as well

They Giants did pretty good for me last year, lots of sacks.
you seem to be a little shaky at WR for a 10 man league since they're all 2nd stringers, but who knows.. roy williams could be the sleeper of the year back in martz's system
Originally posted by jimrat201:

good point. I'm just not sold on them this year i bet there was probably a better team available at that point in the draft. Although I got crushed in 2 leagues last year so I probably shouldn't give any advise

• krizay
  • Veteran
I for one like it for the most part. I believe you will better off at WR than you may think. My issue is your 3rd and no 4th RB. If you can get a reliable 3rd RB I think you'll be ok. Although this is only a 10 teamer so....
Originally posted by krizay:
I for one like it for the most part. I believe you will better off at WR than you may think. My issue is your 3rd and no 4th RB. If you can get a reliable 3rd RB I think you'll be ok. Although this is only a 10 teamer so....

i have that same problem. do you guys think addai will produce at all this year? my other backup is spiller and i'm not completely sold on him
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CdnNinerfan:

good point. I'm just not sold on them this year i bet there was probably a better team available at that point in the draft. Although I got crushed in 2 leagues last year so I probably shouldn't give any advise

They have Osi, Tuck, Pierre-Paul and Kiwanuka as pass rushers. They where actually my sleeper defense last year, they had there moments last year, very good and very bad.
They have Osi, Tuck, Pierre-Paul and Kiwanuka as pass rushers. They where actually my sleeper defense last year, they had there moments last year, very good and very bad.

They can get after the QB no doubt. I just don't like there off season and maybe I am allowing that to sour me on the team. I actually like SD for a late round sleeper/value pick this year

sorry

Nothing wrong with Gore as the second pick. To get CJ, he probably picked between 2nd and 4th. So, getting Gore at pick 17 or so is fine. But he should have been able to get an elite QB (Manning/Brady over Rivers) or an elite WR with his third pick, somewhere around 23. But I guess that's what auto-pick will do to you.

Def needs WR upgrades. Take chances on any waiver guys with upside and/or be the first to scoop up anyone who shows promise early on. Pretty much your entire bench (other than Addai) can be dumped if necessary. Especially your extra D. So don't be afraid to gamble on guys in good situations, with upside or who flash early and could surprise.

It's definitely worth a couple roster spots to take some chances and hope you strike gold. Pretty much no one on your bench is so valuable that you can't dump them to take a chance on someone who would give you an upgrade at WR.
Share 49ersWebzone