There are 211 users in the forums

Andre Johnson?

So I have Andre Johnson on my fantasy team. After this week I will probably be 9 and 3 heading into the last game of the fantasy season. So I am primed for playoffs and perhaps 700 bucks if I can win it all and when I need Andre the most, he gets in a huge fistfight today.

To anybody with decent knowledge of how the NFL treats fights like this, discipline wise, can anybody tell me whether I should be expecting to lose my star player to a suspension of any kind or just a hefty fine? I would really appreciate some informative feedback here guys, thanks.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
So I have Andre Johnson on my fantasy team. After this week I will probably be 9 and 3 heading into the last game of the fantasy season. So I am primed for playoffs and perhaps 700 bucks if I can win it all and when I need Andre the most, he gets in a huge fistfight today.

To anybody with decent knowledge of how the NFL treats fights like this, discipline wise, can anybody tell me whether I should be expecting to lose my star player to a suspension of any kind or just a hefty fine? I would really appreciate some informative feedback here guys, thanks.

I'm certainly no expert, but I'd assume he's not gonna be playing next week.
your other WRs must suck if you are worried abut just one player

i have AJ as well.

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets a 1 week suspension for fighting, but Cortland Finnegan likes to call himself the dirtiest player in the game, and has been fined like 3 times this year for fighting. since he threw the first jab and instigated it, and Johnson has never been in any trouble before, the NFL might look past it. hopefully they do.
Originally posted by valrod33:

I have Antonio Gates, Calvin Johnson, Deion Branch, Sidney Rice and Mike Thomas. For the record, I'm pretty sure anytime somebody's top draft pick goes out, there is cause for concern no matter what your depth looks like. Like I said I have a legitimate chance to win the championship here, I would like to have all my best players out there.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
I got him too and I have $600 on the line. I hope they don't suspend him

I have Antonio Gates, Calvin Johnson, Deion Branch, Sidney Rice and Mike Thomas. For the record, I'm pretty sure anytime somebody's top draft pick goes out, there is cause for concern no matter what your depth looks like. Like I said I have a legitimate chance to win the championship here, I would like to have all my best players out there.

yeah, usually when your 1st rounder (arguably the most talented WR in football), might miss a game, its cause for concern no matter what.

Brandon Lloyd is my 2nd WR, and hes been elite. depth or no depth, AJ is a big threat to lose late in the season.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

No, Volrods teams are made of gold and TNT.. He has no worries and dominates with 56k.
Originally posted by Chief:

No, Volrods teams are made of gold and TNT.. He has no worries and dominates with 56k.

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhht!"
  • mod
  • Veteran
the only team i have my Andre Johnson on is my 6 team fantasy league... he's on the bench anyways with Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, and Reggie Wayne as my starters.

i'm not concerned

Originally posted by modninerfan:
the only team i have my Andre Johnson on is my 6 team fantasy league... he's on the bench anyways with Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, and Reggie Wayne as my starters.

i'm not concerned

Johnson has been better than Wayne, why is he on the bench?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

i'm not concerned

Just for matchup reasons... I liked wayne vs chargers than Johnson vs Titans. I thought the Colts game was gonna be a shootout.

and statistically they are about even... Wayne has just a few more yards and Johnson has caught only 1 more touchdown.

[ Edited by modninerfan on Nov 29, 2010 at 13:12:21 ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

i'm not concerned

Just for matchup reasons... I liked wayne vs chargers than Johnson vs Titans. I thought the Colts game was gonna be a shootout.

and statistically they are about even... Wayne has just a few more yards and Johnson has caught only 1 more touchdown.

Johnson is in his prime, and is the most physically gifted WR in the NFL. i dont see how you could sit him, ever. hes 150+ yds and at least 1 TD waiting to happen every week. hes been a little banged up all season, and is still putting up numbers.
Well. This is just f**king great. And I can't cut the f**king guy because you know he'll go nuts those last five weeks of the season he actually DOES play. Until then, he's burning a hole in your bench, making you cut guys you wanted to hang onto in order to compensate for bye weeks. f**king Texans.

Andre Johnson says he'll miss six weeks
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well. This is just f**king great. And I can't cut the f**king guy because you know he'll go nuts those last five weeks of the season he actually DOES play. Until then, he's burning a hole in your bench, making you cut guys you wanted to hang onto in order to compensate for bye weeks. f**king Texans.

Andre Johnson says he'll miss six weeks

He's playing bench warmer as well in my league too!

Picked up Braylon Edwards even though he's on a bye week and is expected to come back after the bye, i know for a fact he's gonna come out explosive too!

Andre is expected back after this week as well
Share 49ersWebzone