LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Gore and Kolb for Big Ben and Matthews

It's a QB friendly league with 6 points per passing TD, and bonus points for big TD plays. Charlie Batch put up 27 points yesterday. I currently have Vick right now, and wouldn't mind having Kolb for insurance purposes. Optional player includes QB so I could start Big Ben and Vick come week 6.

My backs are Chris Johnson and Arian Foster and I also have Freeman and Stafford on the roster so I feel can trade Big Ben.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Kolb is worthless now. He won't play again this year. Matthews is injured more than he'll admit, and hasn't looked great.

The niners aren't good right now, but Gore still produces. Big Ben is a huge question mark.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Kolb is worthless now. He won't play again this year. Matthews is injured more than he'll admit, and hasn't looked great.

The niners aren't good right now, but Gore still produces. Big Ben is a huge question mark.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Like I said I have Vick. Only reason Kolb has value to me is in case Vick got injured. That's something you can't predict and Vick has had 2 injury plagued seasons. I concede it's essentially Big Ben and Matthews for Gore though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Janitor:

Like I said I have Vick. Only reason Kolb has value to me is in case Vick got injured. That's something you can't predict and Vick has had 2 injury plagued seasons. I concede it's essentially Big Ben and Matthews for Gore though.

No way I'd do this trade. You have Foster and CJ so you don't need a Gore. Especially with having Mathews as a #3. Ben very well might turn out to be your best QB before it's all said and done.

If you trade Those 2 to upgrade your WR's (without even knowing what you have) then maybe. But not worth the possible downgrade at QB. IMO
Share 49ersWebzone