• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by crzy:
Austin Collie is the #1 receiver in the NFL

Arian Foster is the #1 RB in the NFL

Mark Clayton has better numbers than Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston, a million other receivers.

Seriously it's pointless drafting in fantasy football. Talent just isn't important. It's all about situation, opportunity (what team each player plays for) and pure luck.

I drafted Collie because I knew he was special and had Foster on my draft board as my top pick but he was selected before I could get him.

Maybe you just suck at it?

No, I don't suck at fantasy football. I'm in 10 leagues, and I'm in first place in 7 of them.

I'm not bitter either. I'm just making observations.

Even if you valued Foster or Collie as a sleeper, you can't sit there and tell me that you thought that Austin Collie would be a more valuable receiver through three weeks than Randy Moss or Andre Johnson.

Or that Arian Foster would be more valuable than Maurice Jones Drew.

You'd be lying.

Collie as a sleeper, no I didn't think he would be top WR at the end of the year, and I still don't. I thought he could be top 15 and I think he will be about there come the end of the year.

As for Foster, yes I thought he would be worth more than MJD. He is on a far better team with a very strong passing game.

Arian Foster over MJD?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Mark Clayton has better numbers than Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston, a million other receivers.

Seriously it's pointless drafting in fantasy football. Talent just isn't important. It's all about situation, opportunity (what team each player plays for) and pure luck.

I drafted Collie because I knew he was special and had Foster on my draft board as my top pick but he was selected before I could get him.

No, I don't suck at fantasy football. I'm in 10 leagues, and I'm in first place in 7 of them.

Even if you valued Foster or Collie as a sleeper, you can't sit there and tell me that you thought that Austin Collie would be a more valuable receiver through three weeks than Randy Moss or Andre Johnson.

You'd be lying.

Collie as a sleeper, no I didn't think he would be top WR at the end of the year, and I still don't. I thought he could be top 15 and I think he will be about there come the end of the year.

As for Foster, yes I thought he would be worth more than MJD. He is on a far better team with a very strong passing game.

lol. Yeah right.

Foster was in a three-headed RB tandem going into the season with Slaton and Tate. And Foster had done very little prior to this year
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I hate fantasy football.

Me too f**k this s**t. Teams winning leagues with waiver wire pickups and random scrubs putting up big numbers.

Fantasy basketball and fantasy baseball are way better. With 82 games and 162 games, it's based on skill, not luck.

I agree to a point. Baseball Roto isnt totally luck. It rewards the best and most balanced team over 162 games. Now H2H fantasy baseball with playoffs might be more luck than football as half the players dont even play in the last week. I would never play that type of format for $$$. Not sure why I play FF football for money now that I think of it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I love fantasy football. Adrian Foster and Darren Mcfadden

Floyd is looking pretty good too.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

You'd be lying.

lol. Yeah right.

Foster was in a three-headed RB tandem going into the season with Slaton and Tate. And Foster had done very little prior to this year

I didn't even list MJD on my draft board.
i agree.

i have averaged almost 90 pts per week in the last 13 weeks dating back to last season, and im 0-13. seriously.

13 straight losses now, and my teams have been playing decent every week. HORRIBLE bad luck. fantasy football takes very little skill as long as youre lucky.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
i agree.

i have averaged almost 90 pts per week in the last 13 weeks dating back to last season, and im 0-13. seriously.

13 straight losses now, and my teams have been playing decent every week. HORRIBLE bad luck. fantasy football takes very little skill as long as youre lucky.

It's all bad luck when you're losing.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

You'd be lying.

lol. Yeah right.

I didn't even list MJD on my draft board.

Agreed! I had MJD completely off my board. While having Foster as a nice sleeper considering what he did at the end of 09 with he got to play. He produced 3 out of 4 games he played.

Also being a Schaub owner in the past. I can tell you he was too wishy washy for me. He'd give you a couple mediocre games then a big game. Kind of exactly like how this season started.

Drew Brees spreads the ball around too much to expect consistant numbers from Colston. Hines Ward had Leftwhich, Dixon and Batch for the 1st 4 weeks.....

I predicted LT would be more of a factor than people realized. In fact said Shonn Greene would be the most over valued player in tthe draft. DeAngelo Williams had Matt Moore at QB

The team you posted, while big on names, had red flags all over the place. But I agree I would have thought you was one of teh favorites going in.
I agree to an extent, but it's part of what makes fantasy football fun. From season to season, there are always a few surprises in terms of who breaks out and who completely stinks.

I know I'm not too good at FF, and I definitely don't take it as seriously as some of the other guys in here, but I do it for fun.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone