There are 243 users in the forums

Waiver help

Need some thoughts on a waiver pick up for tonight. It's between Mike Tolbert and Jason Snelling. Ryan Matthews obviously got carted off the field and has an ankle injury. Michael Turner got hurt too and pulled his groin. Both head coaches said that the players could have played but were held out because of the big leads. I'm thinking towards Tolbert because he's projected to do a lot better and I think Matthews injury is a lot worse then Snellings. Any time you get carted off it can't be good. An ankle injury can also get easily re-aggravated and Matthews has a history of injuries. Also, the AFC West is an easier division to go against. Snelling is a beast though and is easily the back up now with Norwood hurting his knee. I'm really torn here and I'd really appreciate any of your thoughts.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
IMO short term is Snelling. Long term is Tobert
I'm going after Tolbert, but I already have Turner so that isn't really a tough call for me.

Either would be a nice pick-up though for some RB depth.
Snelling
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I'm going after Tolbert, but I already have Turner so that isn't really a tough call for me.

Then why not secure your team with Snelling?
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

Why would I start two RBs from the same team?

Who said start? I was saying in case of an injury to your star RB you have his backup.

Who said start? I was saying in case of an injury to your star RB you have his backup.

True, but I only carry 4 RBs and like them all to have 4 different bye weeks. Gives me more flexability when byes pop up, and good for situational match ups.

True, but I only carry 4 RBs and like them all to have 4 different bye weeks. Gives me more flexability when byes pop up, and good for situational match ups.

Makes sense. Any other thoughts? I'm leaning towards Tolbert but hearing the news that Norwood's out for the year intrigues me. SD has Sproles as well and the Falcons have no one else.

Makes sense. Any other thoughts? I'm leaning towards Tolbert but hearing the news that Norwood's out for the year intrigues me. SD has Sproles as well and the Falcons have no one else.

I really think either would be a good pickup. The thing I like about Tolbert is he's a tank, and I can see him getting a lot of looks around the goal line. Turner is the #1 option for ATL at the GL, which is why I really like having him on my squad. But Snelling is the definitive #2 back now, whereas, like you said, SD still has Sproles there too.

Go with your gut on who to grab. On my waiver wire, I set it up so that I was dropping 1. McGahee for Tolbert, and 2. McGahee for Snelling. Wanted to make sure I grabbed at least one of them. Glad that I snagged Tolbert, would have been fine if I ended up with Snelling though too.

Without question you should handcuff turner with snelling. and lock that potent backfield down.
Share 49ersWebzone