Home Runs (Batter) 4
RBI 1
Stolen Bases 1
Caught Stealing -1
Walks (Batter) 1
Hit By Pitch 1
Runs (Batter) 1
Batter Strikeouts -1

I like that, only thing I would consider is changing HBP to 0.5 instead of 1 and blown saves -2 instead of -1.

I could see that.. the HBP being the same as walks. I prefer BS to be just -1 but that's miinor. No big deal.

Yeah, because a guy shouldn't be awarded more then the pitcher is penalized for just getting hit by a pitch. Sure it hurts him, but that shouldn't play into fantasy scoring. Haha and as for the blown saves I just think it should be a closer gap. Getting a save is huge and 3 points is well deserved, but blowing a save doesn't happen nearly as much as saves do so I think they should be a little bigger of a deal..so I thought -2 is fair.
James.. obiously its your call as to who gets in the league. I have found as commish that the one thing that can really screw a league is when you have a couple of people who give up and dont try after they are clearly out of it. Even worse are those who cant come often. Now, there is no money involved here so its not as critical but its just so much better with a complete and active group of players.

Should be fun. How are you going to determine draft order by the way. I want #1 so I can get Pujols and then screw you on a trade.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
James.. obiously its your call as to who gets in the league. I have found as commish that the one thing that can really screw a league is when you have a couple of people who give up and dont try after they are clearly out of it. Even worse are those who cant come often. Now, there is no money involved here so its not as critical but its just so much better with a complete and active group of players.

Should be fun. How are you going to determine draft order by the way. I want #1 so I can get Pujols and then screw you on a trade.

Haha, agreed and that is the #1 factor I want in this league. I'd prefer more frequent posters to keep this thread active w/ trash talking and updates..but more importantly then that is players who are active from start to finish and actually know baseball.

As for the draft order, its most likely going to be a live draft in which whatever website I choose to host this league on, will choose the order.
I don't mind what site or scoring system is chosen and I certainly don't intend to be the token Brit, but be warned I take my WZ baseball very seriously
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrose49er:
I don't mind what site or scoring system is chosen and I certainly don't intend to be the token Brit, but be warned I take my WZ baseball very seriously

Exactly why you are/have been a fixture in this league for years.
This certainly makes player rankings easier...all you have to do is plug in. No worrying about WORP or anything like that for this league

Also...anyone want to make this money? If we want an active league, there's no better incentive than money.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jan 31, 2010 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by redrose49er:

are you the only Brit that likes baseball? EVERY Brit I know and met (I have family there) doesnt get it....lol...
Originally posted by jrg:
James, I looked back at an old H2H league I was in and found this scoring:

Category Pts
Saves 3
Wins 6
Innings Pitched 1
Strikeouts 1
Losses -3
Earned Runs -1
Walks (Pitcher) -0.5
Hits (Pitcher) -0.5
Complete Games 4
Hit Batsmen -0.5
Shutouts (CG Only) 8
Holds 1
Blown Saves -1
Singles 1
Doubles 2
Triples 3
Home Runs (Batter) 4
RBI 1
Stolen Bases 1
Caught Stealing -1
Walks (Batter) 1
Hit By Pitch 1
Runs (Batter) 1
Batter Strikeouts -1

I like that, only thing I would consider is changing HBP to 0.5 instead of 1 and blown saves -2 instead of -1.

I could see that.. the HBP being the same as walks. I prefer BS to be just -1 but that's miinor. No big deal.

Yeah, because a guy shouldn't be awarded more then the pitcher is penalized for just getting hit by a pitch. Sure it hurts him, but that shouldn't play into fantasy scoring. Haha and as for the blown saves I just think it should be a closer gap. Getting a save is huge and 3 points is well deserved, but blowing a save doesn't happen nearly as much as saves do so I think they should be a little bigger of a deal..so I thought -2 is fair.

In my opinion, I think HBP should count the same as a walk. It's equivalent imo, same bases, the result of a mistake by a pitcher. I do agree that BS's should be -2.

Edit: Oh and I think it should be 2 points per innings pitched. If you're foing to count -1 point for earned runs, and -.5 for hits, walks and HB, there needs to be more value in innings pitched to even it out.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Jan 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Category Pts
Saves 3
Wins 6
Innings Pitched 1
Strikeouts 1
Losses -3
Earned Runs -1
Walks (Pitcher) -0.5
Hits (Pitcher) -0.5
Complete Games 4
Hit Batsmen -0.5
Shutouts (CG Only) 8
Holds 1
Blown Saves -1
Singles 1
Doubles 2
Triples 3
Home Runs (Batter) 4
RBI 1
Stolen Bases 1
Caught Stealing -1
Walks (Batter) 1
Hit By Pitch 1
Runs (Batter) 1
Batter Strikeouts -1

In my opinion, I think HBP should count the same as a walk. It's equivalent imo, same bases, the result of a mistake by a pitcher. I do agree that BS's should be -2.

Edit: Oh and I think it should be 2 points per innings pitched. If you're foing to count -1 point for earned runs, and -.5 for hits, walks and HB, there needs to be more value in innings pitched to even it out.

2 pts for IP is too much in my opinion. I think 1 pt worked out vry well in the leagues I have been in. JMO. Whatever James wants is ok by me though
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Damn it James... Am I too late?

You gonna set your damn team this time? I let you in WZ Football and you didn't set your roster most of the year. 16 weeks and you had issues, what about setting it every day? Lol

Yeah Ill set my team.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Category Pts
Saves 3
Wins 6
Innings Pitched 1
Strikeouts 1
Losses -3
Earned Runs -1
Walks (Pitcher) -0.5
Hits (Pitcher) -0.5
Complete Games 4
Hit Batsmen -0.5
Shutouts (CG Only) 8
Holds 1
Blown Saves -1
Singles 1
Doubles 2
Triples 3
Home Runs (Batter) 4
RBI 1
Stolen Bases 1
Caught Stealing -1
Walks (Batter) 1
Hit By Pitch 1
Runs (Batter) 1
Batter Strikeouts -1

2 pts for IP is too much in my opinion. I think 1 pt worked out vry well in the leagues I have been in. JMO. Whatever James wants is ok by me though

I'm gonna stick with 1 pt for each IP because I think IP you can take w/ a grain of salt. For example, strikeouts are 1 pt each. Say a guy gets 6 strikeouts. I'd say 6 strikeouts is much more of a big deal then pitching 3 innings.

3 IP = 6 pts
6K = 6 pts

See what I mean? Say a guy goes 8IP..thats already 16 points. Not to mention the K's and other stuff the guy does. Pitchers values skyrocket a LOT more if thats the case.
Am I too late to join?
according to my calculations, there are 63 hitters more valuable than the best pitcher using last years stats.

Just my opinion, but I think that is a problem.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So what website? ESPN?
I'm pretty interested, but I'm much more of a roto guy in fantasy baseball.

Anyone interested in a roto league, maybe through ESPN?

Also, I'm debating doing an auction draft instead of (well possibly in addition to, I usually have several teams) snake drafts this year. I did one last year and it worked out pretty well.

Any takers for roto and/or auction drafts?
Share 49ersWebzone