LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

WZ Baseball 2014

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Pisses me off when guys that are out of it just dont bother to even set their lineups. Rose is basically being given a free pass to a bye because ImaMod isnt even trying. Halladay, Haren, and Dickey all on his bench today. f**k that.

Pisses me off when guys that are out of it just dont bother to even set their lineups. Rose is basically being given a free pass to a bye because ImaMod isnt even trying. Halladay, Haren, and Dickey all on his bench today. f**k that.

This. I'm fighting for that bye week as well. Pretty tight race between the 3 of us for that #2 spot.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

This. I'm fighting for that bye week as well. Pretty tight race between the 3 of us for that #2 spot.

Remember when we were both struggling big time at the beginning of the year? I knew our teams would make the playoffs. Looking at the matchups and Rose's opponent this week though makes me realize we are going to be the 3-4 seeds.

Remember when we were both struggling big time at the beginning of the year? I knew our teams would make the playoffs. Looking at the matchups and Rose's opponent this week though makes me realize we are going to be the 3-4 seeds.

Yep. Our teams have definitely came on the two months or so. With Beachy getting injured, I was especially worried about my pitching staff. Then Colby Lewis soon followed. CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee were the shot in the arm my team needed badly.

Now I get Votto back, and that should be a huge bonus as well. My offense really missed his bat. Especially in an OBP league, him combined with McCutchen and Beltre gives me confidence. I just hope my team can continue to stay hot.

Was really looking forward to a shot at a first round bye. It just sucks knowing that neither of us really have a shot anymore because Roses' opponent is tanking for better draft positioning.

Oh well... good luck to you in the playoffs.

Yep. Our teams have definitely came on the two months or so. With Beachy getting injured, I was especially worried about my pitching staff. Then Colby Lewis soon followed. CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee were the shot in the arm my team needed badly.

Now I get Votto back, and that should be a huge bonus as well. My offense really missed his bat. Especially in an OBP league, him combined with McCutchen and Beltre gives me confidence. I just hope my team can continue to stay hot.

Was really looking forward to a shot at a first round bye. It just sucks knowing that neither of us really have a shot anymore because Roses' opponent is tanking for better draft positioning.

You too Boise. I like your team to possibly win it all. You obviously have gone for it this year.

I would just boot anyone out of the league that doesnt try to win at the end. He didnt start his top 3 pitchers ( 2 of which got W's with great outings and Haren is on his way to one). Plus Tex is hurt and Uggla has been sitting and there is no attempt to add a player for his roster.

I SAY..............................
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I set my lineup at like 10 am today

Ill leave both leagues next season to make you all feel better. I usually set my lineups every night before I go to bed on my phone but my phone broke. I couldn't set it yesterday cause I had class from morning till 3 pm. My phones been broken since last Thursday and I've been busy due to personal problems and starting school. I didn't mean to "tank" I was 7th last week but was so busy on saturda and Sunday I didn't get to set my lineups from home, and my phone was broken. I didn't get to start 5 of my pitchers. I didn't want this to happen
[ Edited by ImaMod on Sep 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
I set my lineup at like 10 am today

Sure you did.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Sure you did.

Check your PM. I hope you understand now, I was in contention for a playoff spot last week but all what I texted you came up.

I just don't want to say all what I did in the PM to the world.

And I set my lineup after you PMd me at 10 today
[ Edited by ImaMod on Sep 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM ]

Well Yahoo says that Haren, Dickey and Dempster are in his line up so a somewhat fragile free pass. At the time of writing I'm 5-0 up on hitting anyway.

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Sure you did.

Check your PM. I hope you understand now, I was in contention for a playoff spot last week but all what I texted you came up.

I just don't want to say all what I did in the PM to the world.

And I set my lineup after you PMd me at 10 today

OK..I am glad you set your lineup after I sent you the PM so at least Haren and DIckey got in.
Originally posted by redrose49er:

Well Yahoo says that Haren, Dickey and Dempster are in his line up so a somewhat fragile free pass. At the time of writing I'm 5-0 up on hitting anyway.

Haren and Dickey got in because I sent him a PM. SO at least the kid did that. As for hitting, there has been no attempt to replace Texeira or Uggla who are out of the lineups. I think an owner should still be trying, still using the waiver wire to add players so that he can have a full lineup of active players. So, yes you are up in the hitting categories. However, you might be behind in runs (you lead by 1) or steals (you are tied) if he had a full team. That could be the difference in you finishing 2nd or 4th.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
There's just been so many things going on in this last week.
Like I said, I was still in contention for a playoff spot before all this happened, I left 5 SPs on my bench in the last 2 days of that week. I'm not trying to tank or anything

I probably won't rejoin next year anyways, this was my first full year doing fantasy baseball and I sucked at it. At least someone will take over a league with a bunch of picks in crzys league

And honestly I didn't even know about Teixera and Uggla till now, I've just been out of it all this last week..and you know why now..
[ Edited by ImaMod on Sep 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM ]
Haren and Dickey got in because I sent him a PM. SO at least the kid did that. As for hitting, there has been no attempt to replace Texeira or Uggla who are out of the lineups. I think an owner should still be trying, still using the waiver wire to add players so that he can have a full lineup of active players. So, yes you are up in the hitting categories. However, you might be behind in runs (you lead by 1) or steals (you are tied) if he had a full team. That could be the difference in you finishing 2nd or 4th.

In fairness John all matchups depend upon both owners being active, your opponent from last week appears to have been almost totally inactive during your 9-2 win. I wouldn't dream of PMing your opponent to influence my own league position.
Originally posted by redrose49er:

In fairness John all matchups depend upon both owners being active, your opponent from last week appears to have been almost totally inactive during your 9-2 win. I wouldn't dream of PMing your opponent to influence my own league position.

I would have had no problem with you doing that at all. Last week my opponent got blitzed in every category except 2 that I won. He had no chance in any pitching category and I dont remember him ever sitting out key hitters. Rose, we want all the teams to try to win every week. I have no problem sending a PM to a team member to set their lineups when it affects not only me but also Boise.
Share 49ersWebzone