LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

***Fantasy Football Thread***

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
My team sucks. I have hollywood brown and I'm getting frustrated at lamar's inability to read the field. Someone just proposed trading hollywood brown straight up for John brown. I hate fantasy. What do I do.

That's a tough one bc as you are painfully aware Hollywood is dependent on Lamar who has been off this year. At least you know John Brown is a low end WR3/Flex that you can play and the way Josh is throwing the ball he's going to get catches. If Balt figures it out of course Hollywood is appealing. But your consistent numbers probably come from John each week with upside for big weeks coming from Hollywood.
Thanks I'm taking the trade. I need the high floor. Hollywood might have a couple huge weeks but the inconsistency is killing me.
I'd like to point out Kenyan Drake has not hit projection once. Not a single week. I'm not bitter. At all. And let me tell you about my theory that T.Y. Hilton would break out with Rivers. Its about as exciting as me taking Kenyan Drake in the 3rd. I thought I stole him there. If he doesn't exceed his projection this week against the jets he goes to the bench. I said that last week too.

After last week I dropped Drake.Like you said has not hit one projection. I picked him off waivers thinking I gotta steal. But now with Ekeler out I need someone more reliable so I got McKinnon as my RB2 and Devonta Freeman in my flex since Golladay is on a bye.I picked up Leveon Bell and Justin Jackson as fliers off waivers. I dont think Josh Kelly is gonna hold down the starting job for the Chargers the whole time Ekeler is out.
I'm stacked at WR in one league and my friend wants to trade me Kenyan Drake for Tyler Boyd.

I'm always about the buy low but I don't want to help his team which I think Boyd would do in a full PPR.

What would you do?
My team sucks. I have hollywood brown and I'm getting frustrated at lamar's inability to read the field. Someone just proposed trading hollywood brown straight up for John brown. I hate fantasy. What do I do.

That's a tough one bc as you are painfully aware Hollywood is dependent on Lamar who has been off this year. At least you know John Brown is a low end WR3/Flex that you can play and the way Josh is throwing the ball he's going to get catches. If Balt figures it out of course Hollywood is appealing. But your consistent numbers probably come from John each week with upside for big weeks coming from Hollywood.
Thanks I'm taking the trade. I need the high floor. Hollywood might have a couple huge weeks but the inconsistency is killing me.

I have John Brown and while he started nice with some TD's, I wouldn't say his floor is very high. He's Boom or Bust. Plus, that game is at risk with new covid cases in Ten.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to start Uiyuk and Deebo, or play Brown. I don't know if Deebo is going to be limited again, but I'm leaning toward sitting Brown because he's more likely to put up a nothing-burger.

I have Kenny Golladay on bye and Robert Woods is the other guy in my lineup.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Oct 7, 2020 at 3:45 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I have John Brown and while he started nice with some TD's, I wouldn't say his floor is very high. He's Boom or Bust. Plus, that game is at risk with new covid cases in Ten.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to start Uiyuk and Deebo, or play Brown. I don't know if Deebo is going to be limited again, but I'm leaning toward sitting Brown because he's more likely to put up a nothing-burger.

I have Kenny Golladay on bye and Robert Woods is the other guy in my lineup.

Yea im hoping that deebo restriction is lifted sooner rather than later.... A LOT sooner
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm stacked at WR in one league and my friend wants to trade me Kenyan Drake for Tyler Boyd.

I'm always about the buy low but I don't want to help his team which I think Boyd would do in a full PPR.

What would you do?

I wouldn't trade Boyd for Drake unless you are desperate at RB. I had Drake on my team until yesterday when I outright dropped him. He has not hit a projection once this year. He also is losing carries to Chase Edmonds and Kyler Murray is running the ball more.
I just don't see the volume for Drake to be successful.
Originally posted by E-49er:

What would you do?

I wouldn't trade Boyd for Drake unless you are desperate at RB. I had Drake on my team until yesterday when I outright dropped him. He has not hit a projection once this year. He also is losing carries to Chase Edmonds and Kyler Murray is running the ball more.
I just don't see the volume for Drake to be successful.
TBH, I don't know much about Boyd, but my friend is super frustrated with Drake sucking so far.

What would you do?

Look I'm a Drake owner and would JUMP at that trade. Boyd has been good esp in a full point PPR format. I'm probably not doing that deal if I'm you. BUT are you playing Boyd? Who are your RBs? Need more info. But right now it is a NO
  • krizay
  • Veteran

What would you do?

Look I'm a Drake owner and would JUMP at that trade. Boyd has been good esp in a full point PPR format. I'm probably not doing that deal if I'm you. BUT are you playing Boyd? Who are your RBs? Need more info. But right now it is a NO

That's the thing. Depends on how desperate you are at RB.

As i said in another thread, people aren't just offering up top RBs (or even good RBs) for other positions. You going are going to have to over pay for one.

But if Boyd is your WR4 and Drake has a chance(or supposed)to be your RB2 id do it.

If Boyd is WR4 and Drake is supposed to be your RB3 i wouldn't do it.

If Boyd is WR3 or better i wouldn't do it.

If Boyd is WR3 and your RBs are a complete mess and Drake will be best thing on your roster( YOUR RB1) then i guess you'd almost have to do it.
[ Edited by krizay on Oct 8, 2020 at 8:37 AM ]
Reading through this, you guys are dropping Drake. I can't. He is on my can't cut list since I drafted him in the 3rd. I can however bench him. My mentality right now is I figure I give him 1 more week. If he can't get right against the Jets then wtf? OR I could do this (stay with me this is a bit confusing) FULL POINT PPR league
Team:
QB: RW
RB: Kamara
RB: Drake
WR: Hopkins
WR: Diggs
TE: Andrews
Flex: Mckinnon
Flex: Singletary

Bench: TY Hilton, Gaskin, Gesicki, Deebo

Now what I can do is bench Drake, slide Mckinnon (does Mostert play?) or Singletary into the RB 2 spot. Then bring one of the bench players up, Thinking Deebo because TY Hilton sucks and has a bad matchup. Guess it comes down to should I bench Drake who HAS to figure it out this week against the Jets for Deebo? I'm leaning no. But I'm 4-0 playing 1 of the two 3-1 teams.

Originally posted by krizay:

What would you do?

That's the thing. Depends on how desperate you are at RB.

As i said in another thread, people aren't just offering up top RBs (or even good RBs) for other positions. You going are going to have to over pay for one.

But if Boyd is your WR4 and Drake has a chance(or supposed)to be your RB2 id do it.

If Boyd is WR4 and Drake is supposed to be your RB3 i wouldn't do it.

If Boyd is WR3 or better i wouldn't do it.

If Boyd is WR3 and your RBs are a complete mess and Drake will be best thing on your roster( YOUR RB1) then i guess you'd almost have to do it.

My WRs are Metcalf, T. Mclaurin, R. Woods, Will Fuller, and Boyd

RBs are Zeke, Chubb, Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Myles Gaskin

10 team league. I hate NFL.com the league said 12 but then went to 10 during the draft. It is what it is.
I really need Mostert to play because I have 2 WRs on Bye, Aaron Rodgers on Bye, Matt Prater on Bye, and I only have two active receivers (Julio Jones and Tyler Lockett) and I need Mostert to play in the W/R so I can have a full team to play. I don't want to drop anybody because I have some good players, and I don't want them to be picked up, so yeah.
I was offered Amari Cooper for James Robinson. I should take this trade, right?

My other RBs are Jonathan Taylor, Kamara, and Sanders.

My WRs are Hopkins, Robby Anderson, Tee Higgins

I am also trying to get him to trade Lockett for Sanders or Sanders + Harris for Cooper.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 8, 2020 at 12:37 PM ]

10 team league. I hate NFL.com the league said 12 but then went to 10 during the draft. It is what it is.

How many Wrs are you playing? 2 or 3? If 3 NO WAY I do that deal. Drake has been god awful. I'd say biggest disappointment in FFB this year. Amirite? Can't call injured players disappointing. Is this a PPR league?
  • krizay
  • Veteran

How many Wrs are you playing? 2 or 3? If 3 NO WAY I do that deal. Drake has been god awful. I'd say biggest disappointment in FFB this year. Amirite? Can't call injured players disappointing. Is this a PPR league?

i wouldnt do that deal period giving the make up of the team

EDIT: forgot chubb was hurt
[ Edited by krizay on Oct 8, 2020 at 1:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone