49ers fear high-ankle sprain for Jimmy Garoppolo, ACL injury for Nick Bosa, says Kyle Shanahan →

There are 284 users in the forums

***Fantasy Football Thread***

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Got CMC and Chubb with my first two picks, Kittle 3 or 4. Austin Ekeler later on. Picked up Lamar Jackson after the draft in FA, picked up Niners D/ST after the second week. Didnt have a consistent WR pairing all year but at that point it didnt matter. Every single player in my starting roster was top 10 in scoring at one point, before Chark and Ridley got hurt.

Aside from my QB i had consistent top 5ish (Carson top 8) scorers and didn't even make the playoffs.

Congrats! But Stay humble Mis Amigo

I feel that. I had

Lamar
Leveon Bell
Derek Henry
DeAndre Hopkins
Amari Cooper
Waller/Hunter Henry
Odell Beckham (by far my worst pick)
9ers defense

As my starting lineup and missed the playoffs. First in points scored and first in points allowed
[ Edited by InconvenientTruth21 on Dec 23, 2019 at 10:45 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erminion:
I lost one game all season. Dominance.

What did your draft look like? Congrats!

Got CMC and Chubb with my first two picks, Kittle 3 or 4. Austin Ekeler later on. Picked up Lamar Jackson after the draft in FA, picked up Niners D/ST after the second week. Didnt have a consistent WR pairing all year but at that point it didnt matter. Every single player in my starting roster was top 10 in scoring at one point, before Chark and Ridley got hurt.

CMC and Lamar = f**king s**t! I was going to pick Lamar as my backup but someone took him from under my nose in the 13th round or so. And I'm still kicking myself for not listening to an analyst who predicted CMC was going to have a LaDainian type of year under Norv Turner. Whatever I had him ranked #3 behind Barkley and Kamara there was no way I was going to pick him unless I had the #3 overall pick and the dice gave me #1.
I lost one game all season. Dominance.

What did your draft look like? Congrats!

CMC and Lamar = f**king s**t! I was going to pick Lamar as my backup but someone took him from under my nose in the 13th round or so. And I'm still kicking myself for not listening to an analyst who predicted CMC was going to have a LaDainian type of year under Norv Turner. Whatever I had him ranked #3 behind Barkley and Kamara there was no way I was going to pick him unless I had the #3 overall pick and the dice gave me #1.

I had Kamara at #4 behind Zeke. Kamara barely gets 800 yards. Not going to pick a RB that high who shares carries.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 15, 2020 at 8:31 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
There is an opening in our FANTRAX 32 team league dynasty football league. Team is..... the Raiders.

36ish man rosters. starting lineup QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, 3 DL, 3 LB, 4 CB, 1 K....
You have $100 in FA money. Bids go through every day at 11am est. 3 rounds in the rookie draft. This year OAK has the 4th pick in the draft. picks 1-4, 2-4, 2-29 & 3-4

I am not the commish, just trying to help fill the league. The offseason in a dynasty league this size is where the fun is. You can be as active as you want to be or as life allows you to be

The current starting roster is

Carr
Gurley
Anthony Miller
Allen Robinson
Jared Cook
Miles Sanders

Defense

Kenny Clark
Grady Jarrett
PJ Hall
Jordan Jenkins
Jordan Evans
Van Noy
Gareon Conley
Grant Haley
Nevin Lawson
Jamal Wiltz

K

Chase McLaughlin
Jake Elliott
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
I just cant get into Fantasy Football.
DK is offering free contests with money prizes for Madden simulation games
lol
[ Edited by irishluder on Apr 25, 2020 at 2:14 PM ]
Draft Strategy question. We replaced the K slot with a rookie only (non QB) slot.
12-Team, PPR with bonus points for long TDs.

Do I go for a rookie RB in the 2nd? Only one slot for that position and there's a HUUUUGE drop-off after the top 2 or 3 rookie RBs. Then you have the WR's and TE's which don't produce much.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Draft Strategy question. We replaced the K slot with a rookie only (non QB) slot.

Do I go for a rookie RB in the 2nd? Only one slot for that position and there's a HUUUUGE drop-off after the top 2 or 3 rookie RBs. Then you have the WR's and TE's which don't produce much.

Given your lineup requirements. I would rank CEH right after the top 4-6 players.

He will(should) give you the same advantage over the rest of the rookies. His projected point disparity over the rest of the rookies should be similar to the disparity of Mahomes to the next best QB.

Yes there will be a rookie or two who most likely ends up in the same stratosphere as CEH but good luck picking the right one.

Outside of CEH not sure there is a rookie (especially RB) that i would even consider that early. Even given your lineup requirements. I can come up with 11 other rookies i wouldn't mind having on my team. But none (Justin Jefferson close) that i see head and shoulders above the rest.

All the other guys are crap shoots.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Given your lineup requirements. I would rank CEH right after the top 4-6 players.

He will(should) give you the same advantage over the rest of the rookies. His projected point disparity over the rest of the rookies should be similar to the disparity of Mahomes to the next best QB.

Yes there will be a rookie or two who most likely ends up in the same stratosphere as CEH but good luck picking the right one.

Outside of CEH not sure there is a rookie (especially RB) that i would even consider that early. Even given your lineup requirements. I can come up with 11 other rookies i wouldn't mind having on my team. But none (Justin Jefferson close) that i see head and shoulders above the rest.

All the other guys are crap shoots.

Yup. That was what I was thinking if I get a sub 8th pick, it's going to be CEH.

Am I crazy for keeping Kittle over Beckham?

Also, who would you choose as your dynasty player between Kittle, Dalvin Cook, and Joe Mixon?

We can keep dynasty players for as long as we want and we can have keepers for 3 seasons. Keepers can become dynasty players but the dynasty player that is being replaced cannot be a keeper anymore and can be drafted.

I'd had Beckham as my dynasty player the last 4 seasons but I'm kinda over him. I have the 7th pick so I may be able to get him back.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Also, who would you choose as your dynasty player between Kittle, Dalvin Cook, and Joe Mixon?

We can keep dynasty players for as long as we want and we can have keepers for 3 seasons. Keepers can become dynasty players but the dynasty player that is being replaced cannot be a keeper anymore and can be drafted.

I'd had Beckham as my dynasty player the last 4 seasons but I'm kinda over him. I have the 7th pick so I may be able to get him back.

I would keep Kittle. Only a few Elite TE's. Harder to replace and doubtful he makes it to you at 7. If all things are equal. If you don't have to give up draft picks based on rounds or what not...

I would keep Kittle. Only a few Elite TE's. Harder to replace and doubtful he makes it to you at 7. If all things are equal. If you don't have to give up draft picks based on rounds or what not...

Naw, it's a friendly league. Most of us have been friends for about 20 years. Only 10 teams. Snaking draft, Sunday is the deadline to submit your keepers.

Still not sure on my dynasty player. Cook and Mixon are playing for new contracts so they could both go off.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Naw, it's a friendly league. Most of us have been friends for about 20 years. Only 10 teams. Snaking draft, Sunday is the deadline to submit your keepers.

Still not sure on my dynasty player. Cook and Mixon are playing for new contracts so they could both go off.

I like Cook this year but Mixon long term. Simply because i don't see Minny resigning him. Then you're really off into the unknown.

I see Mixon staying in Cincy and he already proved he can be a good fantasy RB in that system with s**tty OL & QB play.

That's how i would go about it anyway. That said, if Cook signed extension before Sunday or rumors of extension before Sunday I'd be all over Cook

EDIT: 1st line should say i like Cook this IF he plays. I see a fake injury coming so he can sit out and get that accrued season.
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 18, 2020 at 9:50 AM ]

I like Cook this year but Mixon long term. Simply because i don't see Minny resigning him. Then you're really off into the unknown.

I see Mixon staying in Cincy and he already proved he can be a good fantasy RB in that system with s**tty OL & QB play.

That's how i would go about it anyway. That said, if Cook signed extension before Sunday or rumors of extension before Sunday I'd be all over Cook

EDIT: 1st line should say i like Cook this IF he plays. I see a fake injury coming so he can sit out and get that accrued season.

Let's see:
Cooks:
Pros: immense upside with Kubiak in MIN. He can be in the McCaffery/Barkley realm.
Cons: don't see him as a high end player for very long if we are thinking dynasty

Mixon:
Pros: immense talent with a high floor. Tough player as well.
Cons: not sure if he can crack that top 5 RB spot on CIN and for how long can he keep toughening it out in CIN.

Kittle:
Pros: year in/year out top 3 TE who puts up WR points. Dude also had quite a few TDs called back last year so that is a positive. TE's also have longevity, so you may be able to build your team around him multiple years.
Cons: He's not a RB. Huge drop-off in RB whereas TE's, only 2 players in your league will have this advantage and 8 other players will be right there with you if you don't have a top TE.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 20, 2020 at 6:20 AM ]
Share 49erswebzone