There are 162 users in the forums

***Fantasy Football Thread***

Start Patton at flex?

:p
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Start Patton at flex?

:p

I'm tempted to nab him at the very end of my draft. :O
General draft strategies? I got wholloped in this league last year, and we raised the ante to $200. This a 12-team league, and I am drafting 11th. Should I go RB/RB? Which players would be the exception to RB/RB?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
General draft strategies? I got wholloped in this league last year, and we raised the ante to $200. This a 12-team league, and I am drafting 11th. Should I go RB/RB? Which players would be the exception to RB/RB?

Yes. Exception is Megatron if PPR, but that's about it.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Yes. Exception is Megatron if PPR, but that's about it.

It's not a PPR league, and this league has all sorts of weird points. Like increases on all of the defensive totals, bonuses for WR/RB hitting 100, 150, 200 yards. Bonuses for QB hitting 300, 350, 400 yards. It really kind of messes with the totals of everything.
rate my team plz

starters

QB: rg3
RB: arian foster
RB: frank gore
WR: victor cruz
WR: emmanuel sanders
WR: jordy nelson
TE: kyle rudolph
FLEX: giovanni bernard
K: dan bailey
DEF: st. louis

bench

QB: alex smith
RB: le'veon bell
RB: ben tate
WR: justin blackmon
WR: aaron dobson

thinking about pick up Patton or kendal hunter. any advice?
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
rate my team plz

starters

QB: rg3
RB: arian foster
RB: frank gore
WR: victor cruz
WR: emmanuel sanders
WR: jordy nelson
TE: kyle rudolph
FLEX: giovanni bernard
K: dan bailey
DEF: st. louis

bench

QB: alex smith
RB: le'veon bell
RB: ben tate
WR: justin blackmon
WR: aaron dobson

thinking about pick up Patton or kendal hunter. any advice?

I like the roster. You could drop Alex to pick up Patton (more upside than Hunter).
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
As a flex would you start Kenny Britt vs Pitts secondary or Ahmad Bradshaw vs Oakland? PPR league.

anyone vs. oakland, lol
how the hell do u get a default logo to work on espn.com
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Protoman:
I've got the 9th and 11th overall picks in my 10 man .5 PPR league. I know guys like Peterson, Martin, Megatron, Spiller, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are guaranteed to be scooped in the first round, and RB-heavy teams have done me well in the past.

Should I reach for McCoy in the 1st and take Forte in the 2nd? Not sure if Ray Rice is going to be available.

McCoy wouldn't be a reach in the 1st. He's a top 5 RB IMO. Take the two best RB's available and run with that, unless Megatron happens to fall to you. (Oh, and you have the 9th and 12th picks )

Haha yeah, I'm so pumped I forgot about the order. My league is a work league full of Hawks homers, and the air of competition has gotten big, especially with my brother and I being in the same league and us having back-to-back draft picks via random drawing is already making at least one team owner mad.

I ran a bunch of mock drafts over the weekend, and I think I'll have a good chance of picking up these guys as my first 3 picks:

#9: Rice or Foster (RB1)
#12: Forte or Morris (RB2)
#29: Gore or Chris Johnson (Flex)

Would this be a smart use of my first 3 picks? There looks like there's a lot of depth at WR/QB but not so much at RB this year, and I may take the Rams D/ST late in the draft so I can focus on having more options at WR after I stock up on RBs early.

Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
As a flex would you start Kenny Britt vs Pitts secondary or Ahmad Bradshaw vs Oakland? PPR league.

anyone vs. oakland, lol

I do not know... I am getting really tempted to start Ben Tate as my Flex over Bradshaw now. They play SD week one and Bradshaw will be coming back off a foot injury and will be splitting time with Ballard but will still be the primary back. I am thinking Tate will possibly put up better numbers with the timeshare cuff to Foster. Decisions...
  • gage
  • Veteran
How'd I do in a 10 team, .5ppr league?

QB - M. Ryan
RB - M. Forte
RB - S. Ridley
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Julio Jones
TE - G. Olsen
W/R/T - R. Mathews
K - P. Dawson
DEF - Patriots
IDP - A. Smith (we get 3 pts per sack!)
BENCH: - Dalton, Antonio Brown, M. Williams, J. Gordon, R. Mendenhall, K. Hunter, Z. Sudfeld

I'm thinking I need to try and upgrade by moving Brown/Williams and Mendenhall/Mathews for a better RB but not sure what good value is there.
Who do you guys think gets the better end of this deal:

Team A Gives: Arian Foster, Victor Cruz, Law Firm
Team B Gives: Chris Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Lamar Miller
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
Who do you guys think gets the better end of this deal:

Team A Gives: Arian Foster, Victor Cruz, Law Firm
Team B Gives: Chris Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Lamar Miller

That's a pretty even trade IMO, I would probably want cj, fitz and miller though but it depends who else is on my team

Foster > cj2k but cj has the potential to do just as good if not better without the injury history
Cruz = fitz
Ellis < miller and this will most likely hold true through the season
Which 3 out of these 5?

Steven Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Eric Decker
Roddy White
Julio Jones

not a ppr
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Sep 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone