LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

With McNabb injured, is Vick a smart pickup?

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for TheFunkyChicken.
I feel a little sick just writing this, but I'm wondering if picking up Vick now is a move that could pay big dividends later on. At McNabb's age, I would not be surprised if this injury sidelined him longer than they're saying. And with all the weapons they have in Philly, I could see Vick putting up a lot of points if he got a start.

Is this idea crazy? Would it really be worth cutting a bench player like Fred Taylor, Donnie Avery or Derrick Ward in a 12 team league to swoop on Vick early?

Just trying to get a little conversation started.
No the Eagles said he is not close to playing full time QB yet
  • jrg
  • Veteran
No. He's not even reinstated til Week 3 and he won't be starting QB-ready by then.
He'll at least be a smarter QB (on the field) than McRib.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
He'll at least be a smarter QB (on the field) than McRib.

McNabb is the superior QB, and it's not even close. How do you figure?
Considering they just picked up Garcia tells me they still see Vick as a WildCat only type of QB.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Considering they just picked up Garcia tells me they still see Vick as a WildCat only type of QB.

and the fact vick can't play for 2 more weeks
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

and the fact vick can't play for 2 more weeks

Well, I was thinking of it as a long term move. Broken ribs can really limit the throwing action. So I would not be shocked if McNabb was still out by the time Vick is able to play.

But with Garcia now, things are different. What's his fantasy value?
Share 49ersWebzone