LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

WASH WR Malcolm Kelly gets starting gig

Malcolm Kelly will be Washington's #2 WR this year.

Should I pick him up and start him over Isaac Bruce week 1? My team looks like this:

QB - Rivers
RB - Gore
RB - McFadden
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Isaac Bruce
TE - Dustin Keller
K - Bironas
DEF - Pit

BENCH - Donald Brown, Beenie Wells, Cadillac Williams (named TB starter today), and Ahmad Bradshaw.

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Sep 7, 2009 at 15:05:52 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Any other wide receivers on the waiver wire?

I would never start Macolm Kelly.
Originally posted by crzy:
Any other wide receivers on the waiver wire?

I would never start Macolm Kelly.

Deion Branch
Chris Chambers (but I already have Vincent Jackson)
Michael Jenkins
Mark Clayton
Nate Washington
Hakeem Nicks
Devery Henderson
Kenny Britt
Joey Galloway
Malcolm Floyd
Mark Bradley
Patrick Crayton

Bruce was pretty good for me last year as my #3. That was with Martz though...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I would start Patrick Crayton against the Bucs. Even over Issac Bruce.
In fantasy football it is smart to stay away from the Niners except for Gore and Patrick Willis.

I'd also keep my eye on Hakeem Nicks and where he stands on the Giants' depth chart. Right now he's probably behind Hixon and Steve Smith, but he could be getting more targets later on.

I'd keep my eye on Kenny Britt too. That guy is extremely talented and the Titans don't have much in the way of receivers. Nate Washington is out for the season opener.
In fantasy football it is smart to stay away from the Niners except for Gore and Patrick Willis.

I'd also keep my eye on Hakeem Nicks and where he stands on the Giants' depth chart. Right now he's probably behind Hixon and Steve Smith, but he could be getting more targets later on.

I'd keep my eye on Kenny Britt too. That guy is extremely talented and the Titans don't have much in the way of receivers. Nate Washington is out for the season opener.

Thanks dude. As always, your advice is sound.

What is your opinion on Chris Chambers? Is he just over the hill at this point?

I also may be PM'ing you about trades. I don't like Beenie Wells (mostly because he's a Cardinal)... should I trade him or keep him for potential offensive-explosion on his part?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NickSh49:

I also may be PM'ing you about trades. I don't like Beenie Wells (mostly because he's a Cardinal)... should I trade him or keep him for potential offensive-explosion on his part?

Chambers has been getting by on name recognition for a few years now. I would keep an eye on him because he still has talent and can put together a few weeks in a row like the first five weeks of last year. But for now, leave him on the waiver wire.

I wouldn't trade Beanie Wells because I believe in selling high. And Beanie's value at the end of the season will be higher than what you could currently get for him in a trade.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Chambers has been getting by on name recognition for a few years now. I would keep an eye on him because he still has talent and can put together a few weeks in a row like the first five weeks of last year. But for now, leave him on the waiver wire.

I wouldn't trade Beanie Wells because I believe in selling high. And Beanie's value at the end of the season will be higher than what you could currently get for him in a trade.

Smart man. I just hate my RB situation, but I've got a lot of options ready in case there is an injury to a starter. Why I drafted (auction) DMC I have no idea.
Share 49ersWebzone