LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

"Pantsless Samurai" needs a draft grade

An homage to Samurai Mike, obviously.

This is only my third year in FF, so I'm still a little green.

It's a 12 team league with a snake draft and I went 3rd. I feel pretty good about my first 3 picks, but then I ended up just missing a lot of targets and scrambling for picks in the middle section. In the last few rounds I ended up with good value, tho. At least, that's my take on it. What's yours?

BTW - it's a normal yahoo league. No PPR. 1 QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D, 6 bench

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Ochocinco
WR - Donnie Avery
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Derrick Ward
TE - Jeremy Shockey
W/R - Cedric Benson
K - Neil Rackers
D - NE
BN - Shonn Greene
BN - Ray Rice
BN - Willis McGahee
BN - Miles Austin
BN - Brett Favre
BN - Fred Taylor

So, one big gamble is that took Gore 3rd after AP and MT. But I really think he'll have a bigger year than Forte and MJD. He didn't get over worked last year and we know they going to run, run, run. Even with Coffee, he'll still get 75% of the carries.

So, what do you experts think?
Having Ray Rice and McGahee helps you out a lot at RB...just need to make sure youre on your game as far as starter goes. This is a great team.
Thanks. I didn't really want McGahee originally. I think Rice will be the guy this year. But he was just sitting there, and I figured I'd cover my bases. Looking at it now, I'm a little concerned about WR depth. But I don't really want to give up any of my bench RBs.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Your RB deth is fine, but your third WR is below average. Avery is a 4th receiver at best, I think.

Rice will outperform Ward.

If you're going to shop a RB, I'd shop Derrick Ward. Graham and Cadillac will get a ton of carries.
Originally posted by crzy:
Your RB deth is fine, but your third WR is below average. Avery is a 4th receiver at best, I think.

Rice will outperform Ward.

If you're going to shop a RB, I'd shop Derrick Ward. Graham and Cadillac will get a ton of carries.

That's not a bad idea. Any idea what WRs you think would be good value (but realistic) for Ward?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Anthony Gonzalez, Santonio Holmes, maybe even Roy Williams if you can sell him enough on Ward.

If Brandon Marshall's value keeps dipping, you should consider taking a risk there.

You need to be careful with Ward and carefully monitor the Bucs running back situation. It's a giant mess.Graham, Cadillac, or Ward could be the opening day starter. It's impossible to tell right now. Ward is a talented player, he's just in a terrible situation fantasy-wise.

[ Edited by crzy on Sep 1, 2009 at 00:20:01 ]
Anthony Gonzalez, Santonio Holmes, maybe even Roy Williams if you can sell him enough on Ward.

If Brandon Marshall's value keeps dipping, you should consider taking a risk there.

You need to be careful with Ward and carefully monitor the Bucs running back situation. It's a giant mess.Graham, Cadillac, or Ward could be the opening day starter. It's impossible to tell right now. Ward is a talented player, he's just in a terrible situation fantasy-wise.

That's good stuff, crzy. Thanks. Do you think it would be smart to try and trade him now in case he doesn't start and his value drops, or wait until the season starts and hope his value goes up?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

That's good stuff, crzy. Thanks. Do you think it would be smart to try and trade him now in case he doesn't start and his value drops, or wait until the season starts and hope his value goes up?

That's tough. It depends on what you player you can get for him.

Aim high.

Aim for Desean Jackson or Roy Williams or Eddie Royal first for Derrick Ward, and then go down from there.

See what you can get first.
Share 49ersWebzone