LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

James Davis, RB Browns

What do you guys think of RB James Davis on the Cleveland Browns? I just read an article by Pat Kirwan on nfl.com that talked about him and Glen Coffee being nice surprises in preseason..

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=09000d5d81219255&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I posted it as a new topic because I'm thinking of dropping someone to pick up an RB.
its just pre season, and he is a #3 RB...unless there is an injury to either Lewis or Harrison (Mangini's personal fav) I wouldnt worry about him.
Yeah, I shoulda done more homework before posting.. I saw on the Cleveland Browns website that he's basically battling for the 3rd spot..
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Unless you have a big bench, I wouldn't recommend James Davis right now. But keep an eye on him, he will at some point get a good share of carries IMO.

He has been practicing with the 1st team a lot lately and so far has had a great TC. But, he won't be a factor till 2nd half of the season...unless Lewis goes down early.

This is from yahoo:

We've seen James Harrison being taken as a late-round sleeper in some drafts, but if you're choosing between the two reserve Cleveland backs, Davis might be the way to go. He's still third on the depth chart, but if Jamal Lewis were to break down, Davis seems more equipped to handle every-down duty than Harrison does.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Unless you have a big bench, I wouldn't recommend James Davis right now. But keep an eye on him, he will at some point get a good share of carries IMO.

He has been practicing with the 1st team a lot lately and so far has had a great TC. But, he won't be a factor till 2nd half of the season...unless Lewis goes down early.

This is from yahoo:

We've seen James Harrison being taken as a late-round sleeper in some drafts, but if you're choosing between the two reserve Cleveland backs, Davis might be the way to go. He's still third on the depth chart, but if Jamal Lewis were to break down, Davis seems more equipped to handle every-down duty than Harrison does.

right that is how I interpret the Cleveland situation. I am a Jamal owner, and I think the rookie would become the starter if Jamal's age catches up to him quickly
Share 49ersWebzone