LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Should I make this trade?

• TX9R
  • Veteran
This is a 12 team IDP league with 2 flex positions, so I play 4 WR. I am loaded at WR with 4 #1s. My backs are a little weak. I have been proposed this:
I have Jennings and Beanie Wells, he is giving:
Roddy White and Ray Rice.
I took Wells late for a more down the road pick as I feel he'll be starting by week 8 on a high scoring offense and will get the goal line carries, thus helping my playoff run. But I love Rice and he was taken one pick before I was going to, the downside is he'll split more carries initially. White is a big play guy, but has a tougher schedule and Jennings is in a more pass happy offense.
What to do?
Pull the trigger, I like Roddy better than Gennings anyhow
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I wouldn't make that deal.

Greg Jennings is on a completely different receiving tier than Roddy White IMO. Jennings is right behind Fitzgerald, Randy, Calvin, and Andre.

Find another way to get Ray Rice. You don't want to miss the Aaron Rodgers-Greg Jennings show this year.
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 27, 2009 at 2:53 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Greg Jennings is on a completely different receiving tier than Roddy White IMO. Jennings is right behind Fitzgerald, Randy, Calvin, and Andre.

Find another way to get Ray Rice. You don't want to miss the Aaron Rodgers-Greg Jennings show this year.

I don't know man. there isn't much separation from Jennings to White. Can even argue White ahead of Jennings. But Ray Rice is definitely better than Beanie IMO!

I'd pull the trigger and wouldn't think twice.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:

I don't know man. there isn't much separation from Jennings to White. Can even argue White ahead of Jennings. But Ray Rice is definitely better than Beanie IMO!

I'd pull the trigger and wouldn't think twice.

I love Ray Rice but I also really really love Greg Jennings.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Great, you 2 are basically both saying what I'm thinking. I'm torn. It's not so much I care about Beanie, I just hate to part with Jennings.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
I'd do it.

You're playing 2 WR's at flex and hurting at a mandatory position(RB). No brainer IMO.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Post your whole team and the league settings.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Post your whole team and the league settings.

I'd like to, but work blocks anything FF related so I can't access. 12 team league, 2 flex, I play 4 WR. To explain the RB, I targeted Rice and L Wash after the 4th, they each went 2 picks ahead of where I would have taken them. I gambled and lost, but ended up with 3 of the top 5 WRs on my board.

Scoring - Pass TD - 4, 1 pt per 20yds, run 6, 1 pt per 10 yds same for rec, +2 for TD over 50 yds, .5 PPR, TO -2 pts, 2pt conv 2pts. FG 2, 3, 4 based on distance 20, 30, 50+, - 3 for miss < 45

QB Schaub/ Rothlisberger
RB D Ward/ Cadillac
RB C Benson / Wells
WR Fitz
WR C Johnson
WR G Jennings
WR S Holmes / J Morgan
TE - Olsen/ V Davis
K Kaeding

Defense - 1/2p tackle, 2 pt sack, 3 pts FF/ INT, PD - .5 pts, TDs 6pts +1 per 10 yds return, .5 pts on ST return yardage. You have 6 D any position and 3 DB mandatory

D R Lewis
D T Suggs
D D Harris
D R Maualuga
D D Johnson
D DQwell Jackson
DB A Wilson / L Landry
DB DRC
DB C Finnigen

Basically I went with consistent production, MLBs will get you about 5 pts every week no matter what. On a lousy team they rack up even more tackles (P Willis 2006) My safeties also rack up tackles and a sack here and there is gravy. This D should average 50 pts for me, it's by far the best in my league. Most of the other teams don't even have a complete defense and instead 10 bench players on O that half inevitably will have to be cut if they want to field a full team. That only leaves about 70 pts a week for my O to be in every game and win most. That's less than 10 pts per player needed, which I should surpass easily.
[ Edited by TX9R on Aug 28, 2009 at 9:19 AM ]
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
No brainer looking at you WR's and RB's.....

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Yeah, might be a worth risk taking.
Share 49ersWebzone