There are 177 users in the forums

Need help (Fantasy Football Keeper League)

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by jrg:
1 more question. Can these guys be kept again after next season? If so what round are they considered to be?

As far as I know, we can "keep" them as long as we want.

The go for where they were drafted..so if I kept Gore, I wouldn't have a first round pick.

So you do lose the round in which they were drafted? What round are free agents considered?

There will be 17 rounds..so FA's will take up your last picks..so say I kept one of them, he would be my 17th round pick..I keep two, and they're my 16th and 17th round pick..and so on.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Then I would definitely do Scenario A
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm probably gonna keep Brees (6), Breaston (1), Royal (1) and POSSIBLYSproles (1)..which if I keep Sproles I'll have 1 point left to trade for a later pick..or 2 points if I decide not to keep Sproles..or even move up from #3 overall.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'm probably gonna keep Brees (6), Breaston (1), Royal (1) and POSSIBLYSproles (1)..which if I keep Sproles I'll have 1 point left to trade for a later pick..or 2 points if I decide not to keep Sproles..or even move up from #3 overall.

LOL you can trade points?

I never done a keeper league (thank God) Dynasty seems 100x better than keeper.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Yep.

Whats Dynasty?

How many points do you get for return yardage in your league? I think you should keep Eddie Royal over Sproles b/c royal is the starting WR and he returns kicks and punts. He has a chance to get a lot of points.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

How many points do you get for return yardage in your league? I think you should keep Eddie Royal over Sproles b/c royal is the starting WR and he returns kicks and punts. He has a chance to get a lot of points.

So does Sproles?

Quote:
Return Yards 25 yards per point; 1 points at 150 yards; 2 points at 200 yards; 4 points at 250 yards

Return Touchdowns 6 points
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Eddie Royal had 740 return yards and 0 TD's

Darren Sproles had 1620 return yards and 1 TD
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Well, apparently people know I want Gore so the top two guys are getting trade offers from other people to try and take Gore.

So, I'm gonna keep:

-Frank Gore (6 points)
-Either Marques Colston, Santonio Holmes, Bernard Berrian, Hines Ward, Ravens defense (3 points)
-Eli Manning (1 point)
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Yep.

Whats Dynasty?

Instead of keeping 1-3 players you can pretty much keep your whole team. Depending on how your league is setup. My league uses contract years can't keep no one more than 4 years (sorta) We also have a cap on how many years you can handout per season (55) so you have to hand out your years wisely.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Well, apparently people know I want Gore so the top two guys are getting trade offers from other people to try and take Gore.

So, I'm gonna keep:

-Frank Gore (6 points)
-Either Marques Colston, Santonio Holmes, Bernard Berrian, Hines Ward, Ravens defense (3 points)
-Eli Manning (1 point)

How can you keep Eli over Royal or Breaston?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

So, I'm gonna keep:

-Frank Gore (6 points)
-Eli Manning (1 point)

How can you keep Eli over Royal or Breaston?

True. I'm just looking for a starting QB.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I have a feeling I'm still gonna be able to draft Breaston or Royal.

Draft is today and my keepers are:

Frank Gore (6 points)
Marques Colston (3 points)
Eli Manning (1 point)
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I have a feeling I'm still gonna be able to draft Breaston or Royal.

Draft is today and my keepers are:

Frank Gore (6 points)
Marques Colston (3 points)
Eli Manning (1 point)

Yea you maybe able to draft them but not in the round you'd have to give up. Which is what the last round? Eli Manning is a backup QB in FF. You can get similar production in the same round you'd have to give up to keep Eli.

keeping him over those 2 guys just isn't a good value (i hate that word) move. Seriously think about this. Are you going to be able to draft Eddie Royal in the last round of your draft? You have a 0% chance of that happening. Can you get Eli Manning in the 11th rond of your draft? There's a 50% chance that you can.

Eli's avaerage Draft position. 9.09
Eddie Royal's average draft position 6.06

Steve Breaston 9.03
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Yep.

Whats Dynasty?

Instead of keeping 1-3 players you can pretty much keep your whole team. Depending on how your league is setup. My league uses contract years can't keep no one more than 4 years (sorta) We also have a cap on how many years you can handout per season (55) so you have to hand out your years wisely.

That's interesting

I never made that distinction between dynasty and keeper.
Share 49ersWebzone