There are 217 users in the forums

Need help (Fantasy Football Keeper League)

• jrg
  • Veteran
Alright guys, I need some help on who to keep..we get a total of 10 POINTS for our keepers. Based on what round they were drafted in is how the points are based off of.

Rounds 4-10 are worth 3 points
Rounds 11-F/A are worth 1 point

Here is my team:

Bernard Berrian Round 7
Steve Breaston Round Free Agent
Drew Brees Round 3
Marques Colston Round 4
Chris Cooley Round 6
Frank Gore Round 1
Santonio Holmes Round 4
Marshawn Lynch Round 2
Eli Manning Round 11
Le'Ron McClain Round Free Agent
Eddie Royal Round Free Agent
Bo Scaife Round Free Agent
Darren Sproles Round Free Agent
Hines Ward Round 5
John Kasay Round Free Agent
Ravens Defense Round 9
Saints Defense Round Free Agent

I also have the 3rd overall pick..I wanna keep Gore, but he may be available at 3rd overall as well.

[ Edited by jrg on Jun 16, 2009 at 14:01:26 ]
Brees, Colston, Royal.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Brees, Colston, Royal.

I'd have an extra point...return yards are a part of our league..so Sproles for 1 point may not be bad.
Originally posted by jrg:
Brees, Colston, Royal.

I'd have an extra point...return yards are a part of our league..so Sproles for 1 point may not be bad.

? 6+3+1 = 10
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'd take

A:
Brees 6
Royal 1
Eli 1
Breaston 1
McClain 1

or

B:
Colston 3
Holmes or Berrian 3
Royal 1
Eli 1
Breaston 1
McClain 1

Do you lose any draft picks for keeping these guys? and how many are you allowed on your roster?

You'd almost have to do A: sitting #3 long way to wait for 2nd round pick. And with atleast 10 guys gone to choose from. Maybe more. Might as well get the Best(Brady pending) QB. Then you can go RB at #3. Either RB/WR or WR/RB with your 2nd and 3rd rounder. Without having to worry about drafting a QB.

EDIT: Breston is a great upside player who played well even as a 3rd WR. If Boldin does indeed get traded. You make out like a bandit. IMO he and Royal is a must.

[ Edited by krizay on Jun 17, 2009 at 08:02:35 ]
I think Colston is >>> than E Manning, McClain and Breaston.

Yeah Breaston is a good player, especially if Boldin gets traded but Colston is much better than Breaston. Plus it's still a long shot that Boldin gets traded so basing your selections on an "if" is risky. Eli Manning is an okay backup, and you can get backups in the last rounds. And you could probably get him back again in the draft if you want him.

McClain isn't anything special and Eli has no value on your team. If you toss Colston you likely aren't getting him back.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Yeah Breaston is a good player, especially if Boldin gets traded but Colston is much better than Breaston. Plus it's still a long shot that Boldin gets traded so basing your selections on an "if" is risky. Eli Manning is an okay backup, and you can get backups in the last rounds. And you could probably get him back again in the draft if you want him.

McClain isn't anything special and Eli has no value on your team. If you toss Colston you likely aren't getting him back.

As I said Breaston still performed as the 3rd WR. 1,000 yards last year. So it's not based solely on Boldin being traded.

I'm not too thrilled with Eli fantasy wise either. But giving his "point system"

It basically all boils down to his leagues setup. I never played in a keeper. Redrafts and dynasty for me. But if I'm correct in thinking he doesn't forfeit any picks by keeping more keepers. Then i'd give up the little I lose from Colston to keep Breaston and a GL back that could be a sneaky play for a few games. And to not have to worry about a backup QB. Which allows him to load up on WR's and RB's.

But on the flip side. You can't go wrong with Brees/Colston/Royal. Me personally, the more quality players the merrier. Because you never know.
Originally posted by krizay:

As I said Breaston still performed as the 3rd WR. 1,000 yards last year. So it's not based solely on Boldin being traded.

I'm not too thrilled with Eli fantasy wise either. But giving his "point system"

It basically all boils down to his leagues setup. I never played in a keeper. Redrafts and dynasty for me. But if I'm correct in thinking he doesn't forfeit any picks by keeping more keepers. Then i'd give up the little I lose from Colston to keep Breaston and a GL back that could be a sneaky play for a few games. And to not have to worry about a backup QB. Which allows him to load up on WR's and RB's.

But on the flip side. You can't go wrong with Brees/Colston/Royal. Me personally, the more quality players the merrier. Because you never know.

Like I said I like Breaston, but Colston is a very good player and the other players you could keep along with Breaston don't make up the difference. That's just me though. Take whoever's opinion you like best jrg.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
1 more question. Can these guys be kept again after next season? If so what round are they considered to be?
What websites have fantasy keeper leagues? Of course they have to be free

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
What websites have fantasy keeper leagues? Of course they have to be free

We do all the "keepers" by ourselves. Who ever we "keep" they will be added to that teams roster at the draft.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
1 more question. Can these guys be kept again after next season? If so what round are they considered to be?

As far as I know, we can "keep" them as long as we want.

The go for where they were drafted..so if I kept Gore, I wouldn't have a first round pick.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'd take

A:
Brees 6
Royal 1
Eli 1
Breaston 1
McClain 1

or

B:
Colston 3
Holmes or Berrian 3
Royal 1
Eli 1
Breaston 1
McClain 1

Do you lose any draft picks for keeping these guys? and how many are you allowed on your roster?

You'd almost have to do A: sitting #3 long way to wait for 2nd round pick. And with atleast 10 guys gone to choose from. Maybe more. Might as well get the Best(Brady pending) QB. Then you can go RB at #3. Either RB/WR or WR/RB with your 2nd and 3rd rounder. Without having to worry about drafting a QB.

EDIT: Breston is a great upside player who played well even as a 3rd WR. If Boldin does indeed get traded. You make out like a bandit. IMO he and Royal is a must.

I'm leaning towards "A" and then hoping Gore is still available at #3 overall.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Or possibly Brees, Colston, Breaston.

Then look at getting Gore back at #3 overall.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

As far as I know, we can "keep" them as long as we want.

The go for where they were drafted..so if I kept Gore, I wouldn't have a first round pick.

So you do lose the round in which they were drafted? What round are free agents considered?
Share 49ersWebzone