Josh Sweat, EDGE, FSU

Dude is killing the combine

6'4"
251 lbs,
34 5/8" Arms
10 1/4" hands
4.53 40
1.55 10-yard split

There were a few things I liked about him. I saved the following clips. That stab move is his money move.

Stab to lure the hands and then club-rip. Love the balance to flatten.

Using those 34 5/8" arms to stab while his eyes stay on the QB. Looked like he tried a little forklift with his off hand. Great leverage.

When he gets off the ball with consistency, he's mighty impressive. The problem is his first step is egregiously inconsistent.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 4, 2018 at 9:15 AM ]
5 star recruit coming out of HS was number 2 pass rusher...knee injury was a issue
Originally posted by NYniner85:
5 star recruit coming out of HS was number 2 pass rusher...knee injury was a issue

It's crazy he's this athletic after the knee injury. I heard it was similar to the Marcus Lattimore injury.
Ya this is one guy I've been following for a long time because of all the Jadaveon Clowney level hype coming out of HS. It's a bummer he never quite developed to his potential, but I still think there's a chance if his knee checks out. There are apparently some who think he won't make it past his rookie contract
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
There are apparently some who think he won't make it past his rookie contract

Damn, that's unsettling.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It's crazy he's this athletic after the knee injury. I heard it was similar to the Marcus Lattimore injury.

He said he almost lost his leg.
Worth a flyer in the 6th.
We should draft him along with his fsu buddies James and McFadden
Covered it well OP. I like this guy a lot and the combine confirms that for me. You pointed out his inconsistent first step but i like how he plays so violent. Could add some lower body bulk but I think he's a great 2nd round pick with plenty of upside.

Having had 16 knee surgeries including 6 total knee replacements i am somewhat conversant in knee injuries. Any idea what the Marcus Lattimore injury was? This guy looks like our answer but the knee is going to have to be able to hold up, or we can't touch him...not early anyway, but this kind of talent doesn't wait around til the 6th. Man i like him, but....
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Having had 16 knee surgeries including 6 total knee replacements i am somewhat conversant in knee injuries. Any idea what the Marcus Lattimore injury was? This guy looks like our answer but the knee is going to have to be able to hold up, or we can't touch him...not early anyway, but this kind of talent doesn't wait around til the 6th. Man i like him, but....

Torn ligaments and dislocated knee.

Hard to not be tempted by these numbers,
Gore had knee issues turned out meh
Share 49ersWebzone