LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Uchenna Nwosu USC

Nobody is talking about my boy Nwosu. Dude is reliable solid pass rusher something this team has lacked for the last few seasons. If he is available early in the 3rd round we should def. consider taking him.

Uchenna Nwosu

| EDGE | USCHeight | 6-2 | Weight | 240 | Class | Senior

In his second season as a starter, Nwosu broke out with 9.5 sacks and 11.5 tackles for loss in 2017, establishing himself as one of the top prospects on a talented Trojans defense. His combination of explosiveness, physicality and technique make him a frustrating assignment for opposing blockers.

A versatile defender who can line up at any linebacker spot and get the job done, Nwosu is an every-down prospect who will be scheme-versatile at the next level. Any NFL defensive coordinator should be thrilled to add him to his arsenal.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/189842-uchenna-nwosu-sam-usc
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Came in at 6-3 251 at the combine and ran a 4.65 40. With his 11.5 sacks last season he's shown the ability to get after the QB. He reads like a Sam in our system and was interviewed by our team at the USC proday.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-usc
From what I just read it was a lengthy meeting...must be some genuine interest in him. Works for me, dude's a playmaker and Lord knows we could use more of them on defense. USC's another school (like Penn St) that's produced a lot of LB's for the NFL.
Love this guy! Admittedly watched a lot of USC cause Darnold and this guy makes plays every game. Leader and non stop motor
I still haven't watched any tape of this guy yet. Been meaning to get around to it.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I still haven't watched any tape of this guy yet. Been meaning to get around to it.

Watched him play a few games, came away impressed every time. You can tell he loves football, busts his ass all the time. Would love to have him with our 2nd rounder and I think that he goes right around where we pick.
You guys know how much I love this dude, which kills me because I am a UCLA guy.. When I watch games, I really look for guys to jump out of the screen. He is one of the few guys that do that consistently. This is a very good player and should be in strong consideration with the Niners late second round pick.

I have watched every snap of his from 2017, and he is a stud, a warrior who comes to play.
Definitely have to watch him more, I've seen him going to the niners in the second and third in a lot of mock drafts..truth be told I don't kno much about him but he keeps gaining more and more hype leading to the draft..
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You guys know how much I love this dude, which kills me because I am a UCLA guy.. When I watch games, I really look for guys to jump out of the screen. He is one of the few guys that do that consistently. This is a very good player and should be in strong consideration with the Niners late second round pick.

I have watched every snap of his from 2017, and he is a stud, a warrior who comes to play.

It pains me MadDog49er...I prefer Carlton Davis/ DJ Moore/ S. Michel/ M. Andrews/ B. Smith/ J. Daniels/ J. Jackson/ C. Sutton

wow this kid is forever tipping passes bc he's looking to intercept it off the line..I like that, always said if you can't get to the passer disrupt the play in anyway including getting your hands up..
He's a perfect SAM OLB for our D. Love him in the 3rd round if he makes it that far.
I know nothing about him...gotta check it out!
Will he make it to 57? Feels like I'm asking that for every player so someone should lol
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Will he make it to 57? Feels like I'm asking that for every player so someone should lol

I think so from what I've seen/heard.
Share 49ersWebzone