LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

WR Marcell Ateman Oklahoma State

This kids is a beast, 6'4 220 lbs, strong, good speed, nice hands, high points the ball as you will see in his highlights, Mike Evans clone..becoming my 2nd favorite WR behind Ridley, a lot want a big bodied red zone threat WR who can out physical the opponent I think hes the perfect type, he will fit perfect with this group of WRs..

Just hate that offense... too hard to tell if he's legit.
Originally posted by DickNasty:
Just hate that offense... too hard to tell if he's legit.

I agree the offense is made for WRs but it doesn't take away the way his skills at catching the ball at its highest point and being physical..he's going to rise up boards quickly..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that's a big motherf**ker. have him gain 20 LBS and move him to TE.
I like him more than Washington. I think he's much more than just a big bodied WR, and he has a chance to go early (2nd round)
Originally posted by saniner:
I like him more than Washington. I think he's much more than just a big bodied WR, and he has a chance to go early (2nd round)

Depending on FA moves, I hope it's the niners taking him with the saints pick..
I am not opposed
Originally posted by jersey49er:
This kids is a beast, 6'4 220 lbs, strong, good speed, nice hands, high points the ball as you will see in his highlights, Mike Evans clone..becoming my 2nd favorite WR behind Ridley, a lot want a big bodied red zone threat WR who can out physical the opponent I think hes the perfect type, he will fit perfect with this group of WRs..

Yup I've been watching this kid, got a lot of mike Evans in him.

He's the big-bodied WR that everyone is screaming for in here.

Not sure about the route-running just because of that offense...but he could very well be there in the 3rd rd and id take him over Sutton in the first for sure.
Last chance to see Ateman here in about 15 minutes. If you haven't watched much OSU football, I think you'll like what you see in him, especially the size kings! One of the best big tall high pointers this season.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Last chance to see Ateman here in about 15 minutes. If you haven't watched much OSU football, I think you'll like what you see in him, especially the size kings! One of the best big tall high pointers this season.

4 catches for 91 yards so far. Rudolph threw him a nice ball on the 50 yard catch.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
4 catches for 91 yards so far. Rudolph threw him a nice ball on the 50 yard catch.

I think he ends up in the 1st round..

Not sure if he has the speed or rout running to sneak into the 1st. Saw him topping as a mid-2nd for most of the year, but it's the draft, you never know.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Not sure if he has the speed or rout running to sneak into the 1st. Saw him topping as a mid-2nd for most of the year, but it's the draft, you never know.

If he runs anywhere in the late 4.5s early 4.6s I think he has a great chance to land in the 1st..he's possibly the best WR redzone threat in the draft..
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Great size, but slow.
Share 49ersWebzone