LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Is the viking game a must win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I freely admit this is a ridiculous post! Its stupid early. I miss football. Im sorry.

That being said My biggest fear is a slow start this season and the team believing some of negative hype. With how tough the front of our schedule "looks" is a good showing at home on MNF a necessity? I personally believe the vikings are perfect opponent for us. A team that is being built up to be a up and comer but I think is a year away from actual contention. I think Manginis defense can confuse Teddy and we can really put a hurting on them. Will AP be mad and a beast or will he be rusty? How will our offense perform against a tough young defense?

There is so much unknown about our team feel free to hypothesize as wildly as you want.

[ Edited by natrone06 on Jun 29, 2015 at 6:16 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
every game is important, emphasis is on divisional games but there are no throwaways. it is important to get off to a nice start at home but of course you have to sustain it. we all remember how we clobbered the bears with erickson running down the sidelines with parrish after the pick but we saw what happened from there. i am glad that game is not in the midwest time
Every game is a must win in a 16 game schedule
I think it's a good first game to get our feet wet. It's good for our DB's to start to gel since Teddy is still young and not an elite qb that can make us pay for any '1st game of the year' mistakes. Also I think our front 7 will be solid against the run. Dorsey, Williams, and Dial are all better stopping the run than rushing the passer, also we know Aldon, Brooks, and Bowman are very stout run defenders as well. The Vikings are not a high powered offense so it should be a good game for our defense to start the year on.

The Vikings were ranked 14th in total defense last year so it seems they are middle of the pack when it comes to that so its not the worst team for our 'new' offense to start against. They do have some good young DB's, but if I remember are susceptible against the run. Overall I think Vikings are a competitive team so it will be a solid test for us. I think it will be a close game, something like 27-24 with the 49ers winning. But to answer your question, no I don't think it's a must win. I don't see our team losing moral after losing the 1st game of the year. But of course it would be nice to get a W to start the new league year off with. I think it's more important for our offense to start off strong than the defense.
must win for sure
No such thing Really in week 1. it is if you wanna be. 16-0. But if you don't want the fans to go full bats**t it is.
Every game in the regular season is a must win
If we lose this game, NT is gonna be insane.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

lol yes it is.
I think the first game will tell us where we're at early on. The Vikings are one of the teams being labelled preseason contenders.

Only 3 players I can name on the Vikes are AP,Bridgewater, and Mike Wallace
It is when you look at the next 3 games.
I think that the team is going to be much better than what has been predicted to this point in time. That said, I believe it is going to be an up and down early season with wins hard to predict. By the sixth game the team will have steadied itself and they should be rolling like nobody expected...12 - 4 or 10 - 6 and in the tournament, then it's anybody's game to win...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gonna start 1-6
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Just to clarify, does this statement mean it is not currently insane?
Share 49ersWebzone