LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Jack Jones CB USC transfer to ASU

It's a year early but this is a special Cornerback. If we don't address Corner this year in the draft I really hope we go all in and go for Jones next year. He's 5-11 170 pounds so could use some sandwich's but if you see him hit he doesn't seem to be small or scared (weathespoon). He doesn't have anything on YouTube to link due to this being his first year playing but he is dominating every week. So far my favorite Cornerback since Jason Verrett.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jun 8, 2020 at 9:04 AM ]
I agree, I was going to post him but seen he was a sophomore, top 10 pick next year so far..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I agree, I was going to post him but seen he was a sophomore, top 10 pick next year so far..

Yeah I have been trying watch positives with Darnold but when the D comes on the field all I can do is think "holy f**k #25 is everywhere" "that 25 is making his teammate #8 look very average" dude will be talked about like Patrick Peterson
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
My only concern with Jones is his pension for taking risks. Sometimes they work out... and sometimes the DON'T.

The only other issue is that he's fast enough but I wouldn't call him a burner (see Adoree Jackson). He's a LOT better than Biggy Marshal on the other side. Thad dude loves getting handsy when he's getting beat. Have a receiver run a post on him with a single safety over the middle is a guaranteed PI call with a probability of a long completion; basically, the defacto third down call.
This dude is the man...came into the season intrigued in Iman Marshall as a prospect but Jones has stolen the spotlight. Very aggressive but also has great recovery speed.
[ Edited by 801niner on Oct 22, 2017 at 11:13 PM ]
Originally posted by 801niner:
This dude is the man...came into the season intrigued in Iman Marshall as a prospect but Jones has stolen the spotlight. Very aggressive but also has great recovery speed.

Agreed. I was just watching more USC cause I want to see Darnold have a good game. And I was getting more excited when the Trojans D came out so I could see 25 again.
Bump for next off season
Top 10 pick if he stays healthy
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
News from the USC guy....

This guy may not start this year. He's been suspended from football activities until he gets his grades up... And, it appears Locket (who is older and faster) is finally healthy...

He may play next year, but there is a very good chance he's not starting.
Ineligible this season. Smh.

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 801niner:
Ineligible this season. Smh.

Pretty much. Kinda funny how at some Universities, you actually have to go to class. Apparently this guy forgot that he's in the PAC12 and not the SEC.
Well if he declares rather than transfer he could drop.... yes please
I'm a die hard Trojan, and Jack Jones is overrated. He's a total liability and lacks discipline.

People are wearing rose colored glasses...just because he was a 5 star recruit from Long Beach Poly.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TrojanPV:
I'm a die hard Trojan, and Jack Jones is overrated. He's a total liability and lacks discipline.

People are wearing rose colored glasses...just because he was a 5 star recruit from Long Beach Poly.

Jack Jones had a lot of talent but apparently was completely un-coachable. The DB crew supposedly is running a LOT better since his suspension (spring). And it appears the coaching staff and player are not all that upset to see him gone. The teams attitude towards these developments is partially a product of SC's talent level.

Now that Jones got caught in a BandE at a Panda Express... his career is over. The one thing about SC, you get busted, you get kicked. That kinda runs true with a lot of PAC12 programs. Now in the south...
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by TrojanPV:

Jack Jones had a lot of talent but apparently was completely un-coachable. The DB crew supposedly is running a LOT better since his suspension (spring). And it appears the coaching staff and player are not all that upset to see him gone. The teams attitude towards these developments is partially a product of SC's talent level.

Now that Jones got caught in a BandE at a Panda Express... his career is over. The one thing about SC, you get busted, you get kicked. That kinda runs true with a lot of PAC12 programs. Now in the south...

His career at SC is over but he'll get drafted.
Share 49ersWebzone