LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Bryce Love

He's eligible to come out. He could/ should win the Hiesman. He also wants to be a pediatrician (my wife is) so he might wanna finish his pre-med.
Originally posted by DickNasty:
He's eligible to come out. He could/ should win the Hiesman. He also wants to be a pediatrician (my wife is) so he might wanna finish his pre-med.

Love > Barkley
I keep hearing the chatter that he's going to stay. Hiesman or not solid chance he stays. Great story in this kid too
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Love > Barkley

How so?
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

Love > Barkley

How so?
how is he not
I'm not saying he isn't a good prospect, he's 5 10 196, saquon is 5 11 229. He may be faster, but is his game as solid in all aspects? I'm sure this kid will be great too but I think saquon has as much talent as anyone in college football
how is he not

You made the claim. It's on you to back it up. I'm curious to see how he's better, other than what the stat sheet says.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Oct 14, 2017 at 7:51 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
how is he not

You made the claim. It's on you to back it up. I'm curious to see how he's better, other than what the stat sheet says.

Stats say it all, and Just watch him. Beast
I'm not saying he isn't a good prospect, he's 5 10 196, saquon is 5 11 229. He may be faster, but is his game as solid in all aspects? I'm sure this kid will be great too but I think saquon has as much talent as anyone in college football

He's marginally faster while Barkley is much bigger and stronger and is a better receiver. Stanford is just a better run blocking team than Penn State.

It's doing Love no favors that McCaffrey (who also put up great stats at Stanford) is struggling to run the ball this year.

Love > Barkley

How so?
how is he not
He's not

Meanwhile McCaffrey is averaging like 2 yards a carry in the NFL. Love is a nice prospect but there's several guys like him every single year in the draft. Barkley is the best RB prospect to come out in years.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 14, 2017 at 10:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Meanwhile McCaffrey is averaging like 2 yards a carry in the NFL. Love is a nice prospect but there's several guys like him every single year in the draft. Barkley is the best RB prospect to come out in years.

Best at what when he can't run against college defenses

You biased at all eh? I mean if we're gonna go off college stats we already got a stud in the wings with Williams

Barkley is the ideal 3 down RB...but I love me some love as well.

Glad someone started a thread for this kid
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 15, 2017 at 6:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I watch a lot of college football, I don't routinely see Guys like this every year
[ Edited by Viperboy on Oct 15, 2017 at 7:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Viperboy:
I watch a lot of college football, I don't routinely see Guys like this every year

Don't watch nearly enough then. Love is fine but nothing extraordinary. He's an undersized back that likely doesn't figure as a 3 down back in the NFL.

Stanford RBs tend to kill it in college due to the blocking in front of them and then they get to the NFL and they are no longer facing Pac 12 defenses with monster OLs in front of them.

Toby Gerhart
Stepfan Taylor
Christian McCaffrey

All were beasts at Stanford, none has made their mark running the football in the NFL though it is still early for McCaffrey and he has plenty of time to develop into an effective RB.

Barkley is simply a cut well above Love and every other potential RB in this draft class. He is as complete a back as you will find coming out of college.
Share 49ersWebzone