LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama

If we take a WR in the first round, this is the guy I want.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

If we take a WR in the first round, this is the guy I want.

Best route runner of the bunch!
Looks pro ready and best wr in college.
Is he better than cooper? cause honestly I think cooper is really overrated.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Cooper is having a horrible year so far but killed it last year. Ridley will be hard to Scout this year cause his QB can't throw the damn ball.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Cooper is having a horrible year so far but killed it last year. Ridley will be hard to Scout this year cause his QB can't throw the damn ball.

Don't get me wrong I like Cooper coming out and I still think he can turn it around this season, but those drops would kill me if i were a fan. He is a very humble guy so i can't hate him too much.

But yeah Hurts is a pretty s**t passer so Ridleys value might slip a little.

Don't get me wrong I like Cooper coming out and I still think he can turn it around this season, but those drops would kill me if i were a fan. He is a very humble guy so i can't hate him too much.

But yeah Hurts is a pretty s**t passer so Ridleys value might slip a little.

Yeah with EJ throwing the ball those drops will be even more crucial.
Ridley definitely feels like Shanny WR. Great speed, great route running, and ability to make plays after the catch. Explodes off the line, and there's a lot of nuance to his route running.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 4, 2017 at 1:44 PM ]
im more of a Christian Kirk fan because he reminds me of Odell but i wouldnt be mad with Ridley.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
im more of a Christian Kirk fan because he reminds me of Odell but i wouldnt be mad with Ridley.

I really like Ridley/Sutton but I don't see us drafting a WR in the first round. Maybe one of the 2nd round picks should go to a receiver and if Tate or Ridley(doubtful) drop to the 2nd i would be ecstatic to get either.

I really like Ridley/Sutton but I don't see us drafting a WR in the first round. Maybe one of the 2nd round picks should go to a receiver and if Tate or Ridley(doubtful) drop to the 2nd i would be ecstatic to get either.

yeah same here. I think QB or Pass Rush are a must for the first round. Also, id rather address the O-line before WRs too. The Giants are proving that against a good D, it doesnt matter how many playmakers you have if you cant protect the QB
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Oct 4, 2017 at 10:58 AM ]
yeah same here. I think QB or Pass Rush are a must for the first round. Also, id rather address the O-line before WRs too. The Giants are proving that against a good D, it doesnt matter how many playmakers you have if you cant protect the QB

I agree. Would love to get a top Center this year. I do want to see Tomlinson and Garrett together also. I liked Tomlinson coming into the draft.
Would rather have Sutton , more of a Redzone threat it seems
He looks so smooth and effortless
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I've always liked this kid.

Body movement and route running really remind me of Stefon Diggs. I think Ridley will be an automatic gamebreaker for us.
Share 49ersWebzone