LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Ronald Jones, RB, USC

6' 205 lbs

This kid is a freaken baller and has Shanahan written all over him. One-cut RB. Explosive. Can take it to the house on every touch. He might be the best pure zone RB at the top of the draft.

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 16, 2017 at 10:34 PM ]
He's big, strong and fast...that he can catch the ball as well as he does spells NFL all over the place. My son told me about this kid and tonight I'm seeing him for myself. Wow, USC has a great history of producing RB/TB's...Jones looks absolutely great.
Prototypical Shanny zone RB. Outside zone here. "Surfs" to the bubble and gets up the field. His ability to hit top speed in a hurry is nasty.

Inside zone. He's been running extra angry after contact this year.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 28, 2017 at 9:05 PM ]
Projection? Wanna start targeting 2nd and 3rd prospects on offense.
Too early to say. He could go anywhere from the first to the third.

If Kyle stood on a table for Joe Williams, he's going to flip that f**king table for Ronald Jones. Jones and Williams have a similar skill set, except Jones is better in every way possible. I love how angry he runs for a dude that isn't huge.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 28, 2017 at 9:01 PM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
RoJo is the most complete RB I've seen at SC... That includes White and Bush. At the moment, I'd say he's anywhere between 4th or 8th best RB that will be draft eligible this year. He shows flashes that he could be better than that projection.

Scary thing (and very pleasing thing for us SC guys) is the Freshman behind him... is better.
[ Edited by Geeked on Sep 19, 2017 at 11:27 AM ]
I wonder if Hyde isnt re-signed..if we take another RB in the 2nd or 3rd.
Decisive zone runner.

Home run speed.

Yes, please.

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 29, 2017 at 8:53 PM ]
I don't know, this Morrow guy looks better imo

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I don't know, this Morrow guy looks better imo

Too small for my liking
The best zone RB at the top of the draft. Dude is so good at making his reads and getting up the field. No false steps, no pauses, no hesitation--exactly how Gibbs/Shannys/Turner want their RB reading and reacting.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 28, 2017 at 9:06 PM ]
Would be good fit
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Would be good fit

Late first early third.
Kid has some serious wheels, nice prospect but if Hyde isn't resigned and Barkley is available he has to be the pick..
Share 49ersWebzone