There are 213 users in the forums

Dallas Goedert-TE-South Dakota State

One of the top TE prospects in the country and the top small school TE prospect for next year's draft. A former basketball player with terrific body control and leaping ability, he looks to be a huge threat as a receiver at the next level. This is your "toss it up to him and let him go get it" red-zone threat.

Pretty good all-around TE with some improvement needed as a blocker but with another good season he could even wind up being the first TE off the board. Very impressive prospect that could pair up with Kittle to create a terrific TE duo if the team decided to move on from McDonald.

I've had his name saved in my 2018 wishlist doc.

That one-handed TD catch he made last year was absolutely filthy.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I've had his name saved in my 2018 wishlist doc.

That one-handed TD catch he made last year was absolutely filthy.

He is the anti-Vance when it comes to catching. His hands are ridiculous.
He's on my wishlist as well (my 2018 off-season thread gets no love). His WR partner in crime is no slouch either
Looks like a slower Travis Kelce. Phoenix do you start watching film of the Dakota schools first? Seems like your always posting some player from the region
He's on Bruce Feldman's 2017 Freaks in College Football list:
19. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

I wanted to include at least one guy from outside the FBS and thought Goedert was a worthy candidate. He came to the Jackrabbits as a walk-on from the smallest class of high school football in South Dakota (and a program which is now playing 9-man football). He also excelled as a soccer and basketball player. Since then, Goedert has blossomed into a legit NFL prospect. Last season he caught 92 passes for 1,293 yards and has displayed a knack for acrobatic one-handed catches.

Expect the 6'4", 265-pounder to light up the NFL Combine next winter. These are his numbers from off-season conditioning: vertical jump-36 inches; broad-jump 9'9 ½". His 40 is 4.65. He power cleans a school record 380 and benches 380.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/05/freaks-list-workout-warriors-2017
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Looks like a slower Travis Kelce. Phoenix do you start watching film of the Dakota schools first? Seems like your always posting some player from the region

Might be faster than Kelce. He caught my eye last year along with WR Jake Wieneke. They are the best players that South Dakota has had in a long, long time and will likely both be the highest drafted players from the program since 1975. I would take either, or both on the 49ers.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 28, 2017 at 1:14 PM ]
Welp, bumping this guy up further as a draft crush now.
Long but informative read. Dude won't be flying under the radar the closer we get to the draft process. I want!!!

SUPER SLEEPER: The best-kept secret in college football is starting to get out, and now scouts are asking: Is South Dakota State tight end Dallas Goedert the NFL's next matchup nightmare?

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/dallas-goedert/dallas-goedert?campaign=tw-cf-sf125170004-sf125170004&sf125170004=1&sf125178394=1
Originally posted by Heroism:
Long but informative read. Dude won't be flying under the radar the closer we get to the draft process. I want!!!

SUPER SLEEPER: The best-kept secret in college football is starting to get out, and now scouts are asking: Is South Dakota State tight end Dallas Goedert the NFL's next matchup nightmare?

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/dallas-goedert/dallas-goedert?campaign=tw-cf-sf125170004-sf125170004&sf125170004=1&sf125178394=1

His ability to high point the football is pretty special. He'd be a legit redzone threat from Day 1. Just throw him an alley-oop and he'll come down with it.

His play reminds me of comments a scout made about Carson Wentz, basically "what the f**k is this guy doing here? He should be playing at Ohio State or Alabama."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 25, 2017 at 9:59 AM ]

Kyle could be coaching him at the Senior bowl.

This guy is one of my draft crushes but my question is where does he go. We have more pressing needs so TE isn't a position I think we need an upgrade desperately, unless kittle continues to have some drops. I would want him but obviously depends on where he goes.
[ Edited by DJamhour on Nov 20, 2017 at 10:10 PM ]
Double post
[ Edited by DJamhour on Nov 20, 2017 at 7:21 PM ]
Originally posted by DJamhour:
This guy would be nice but my question is where does he go. We have more pressing needs so TE isn't a position I would like until later in the draft. I would want him but obviously depends on where

Hoping for 3rd round, but top 50 isn't out of the question. Adam Shaheen was drafted 45th last year as a small school tight end. Bit of a different prospect, as Shaheen is an absolutely ginormous human, but Goedert can be a game breaker all the same.

It was viewing him as a run after catch receiver and as a vertical threat that gave me visions of Kansas City Chiefs Tight End Travis Kelce. Both are uber athletes who can draw on basketball during their high school days before settling on football to play with excellent high point ability and reception skills. Both also have great acceleration and burst off of the line of scrimmage, quickly uncovering on the second level between the linebackers and safety.  Watching Goedert rumble through the open field was as close of a 1:1 ratio as I can draw to a NFL player this summer.

https://t.co/dllXR2k0nt?amp=1
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Hoping for 3rd round, but top 50 isn't out of the question. Adam Shaheen was drafted 45th last year as a small school tight end. Bit of a different prospect, as Shaheen is an absolutely ginormous human, but Goedert can be a game breaker all the same.

It was viewing him as a run after catch receiver and as a vertical threat that gave me visions of Kansas City Chiefs Tight End Travis Kelce. Both are uber athletes who can draw on basketball during their high school days before settling on football to play with excellent high point ability and reception skills. Both also have great acceleration and burst off of the line of scrimmage, quickly uncovering on the second level between the linebackers and safety.  Watching Goedert rumble through the open field was as close of a 1:1 ratio as I can draw to a NFL player this summer.

https://t.co/dllXR2k0nt?amp=1

Doesn't seem like he'll last past mid 2nd. We do need lots of weapons. Maybe we can nab him one with of our 3rds. What'll make me feel much better is if we can trade down at 1-2 overall and collect another early pick in this draft as well.
[ Edited by DJamhour on Nov 20, 2017 at 10:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone