LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

What player picked at #2 would literally make you angry if we selected them?

We now have GM John Lynch and coach Shanahan making our picks and building our team. The #2 pick overall is going to go down in history as the first pick their regime.

What player at 2 would seriously make you question the capability and strategy of Kyle and John knowing what it would take to build a winning team?

For me its Deshaun Watson. I just dont know. I dont think hes ready. I dont think hes overly talented. I dont like the decision making thruout his career. He throws a lot of interceptions and he not a big guy either. I wonder about his abilities to be a franchise qb. Who do you not want at #2
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Feb 28, 2017 at 6:35 PM ]
Anyone named Deshaun, Dashon, Dachone
Basically, any player we could have traded down and still drafted.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Anyone named Deshaun, Dashon, Dachone

Mitch Trubinsky
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Mitch Trubinsky

No one by that name, so you won't be angry on draft day.
I probably wouldn't get mad at anybody.

I don't know, maybe I'm just naive. But I believe in Lynch and Shanahan no matter who they pick.

I wouldn't like the Watson pick, but it would probably grow on me considering Kyle knows QBs better than I do.
Trubisky, Garrett, Allen, Foster even Mike Williams or Fournette, any one of these would be acceptable. If they stay at 2 how can they screw this up?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Trubisky, Garrett, Allen, Foster even Mike Williams or Fournette, any one of these would be acceptable. If they stay at 2 how can they screw this up?

I take it back.

I would definitely get mad at a Fournette pick.

This team does not have the luxury of picking RBs at #2 when we're not as stacked as Dallas.....
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I take it back.

I would definitely get mad at a Fournette pick.

This team does not have the luxury of picking RBs at #2 when we're not as stacked as Dallas.....

For sure Fournette as our pick would make me go crazy.

Anything else, Id trust their judgement. Id be worried about Kizer though.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Feb 26, 2017 at 10:34 PM ]

If we pick any QB at #2 I will be upset. Because I don't think there is any QB worth a top 3 pick in this draft. There is no Andrew Luck in this draft. It's a shaky draft for QB's at least at the top. Next year will be a lot better for QB's. This year I would much rather get a different position. Almost any position. The best available player. Just not a QB at #2.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If we pick any QB at #2 I will be upset. Because I don't think there is any QB worth a top 3 pick in this draft. There is no Andrew Luck in this draft. It's a shaky draft for QB's at least at the top. Next year will be a lot better for QB's. This year I would much rather get a different position. Almost any position. The best available player. Just not a QB at #2.

You better hope we trade for Jimmy G/Cousins or sign Hoyer/Schaub, then. Or keep Kap. If none of these things happen, then all signs point to drafting the first QB.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

+1

Top 5 in the draft is not for developmental project players but starters with probowl potential. In this draft that's gearing heavily on Defense...which is good considering we were the 32nd ranked D in the league.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

You better hope we trade for Jimmy G/Cousins or sign Hoyer/Schaub, then. Or keep Kap. If none of these things happen, then all signs point to drafting the first QB.

If we pick a QB at #2 in this years draft that is bad...... None of these QB's are worth the #2 pick. This is not a good QB draft. It's a bad year to have a top 3 pick. Some years are QB rich at the top. I don't feel that way about this years draft. I would not take a QB until the 2nd round in 2017. But that is just me. I would rather have ILB, S, CB, WR, OT, DT. The best available from that. There are a lot of guys we could pick from that.

Realistically I think what we will get at #2 is worthy of #9 - #12 ish type of pick. But we may be forced to pick him at #2. Whoever it is. There seems to be 1 clear cut #1 player and he will be gone. So we will get at #2 somebody from a group of 10 - 12 players who are pretty much on par at different positions and probably more worth something like #9 - #12. We will be forced to over draft them at #2. But that is just the breaks. I think this draft is pretty decent in the mid to later 1st round. But it is a reach in the top 10 outside of #1 where you have a clear cut #1.
Originally posted by jcs:

+1

Top 5 in the draft is not for developmental project players but starters with probowl potential. In this draft that's gearing heavily on Defense...which is good considering we were the 32nd ranked D in the league.

I agree 100%.
Share 49ersWebzone