LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Elijah Lee LB K-State

Watch this kids Highlights and wow is he fast to the ball and a hard hitter who does well in coverage..wouldn't mind drafting him in the 3rd or 4th

I've seen this kid play a lot. He's a good college LB in that his strengths match up well against college offenses. He can tackle in open space and definitely shows the speed to cover TE's. My concern about him at the NFL level is what he looks like in traffic and against the run. I think he's in the 220-230 range. At this point, I don't see him having the power or the moves to deal with blockers at the NFL level. A little weight training and a lot of coaching could go a long way, though.

I don't know if I understand the 4-3 Under well enough to say he definitely fits our system, but my best guess is he'd project as a Will. That's supposedly the cleanest LB in terms of blockers and where you want a guy with some speed. I don't think he has the hands to play Sam or the power/instincts for Mike.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
He's 1 of a few Olb I want in the mid rounds
He'd be great in 3rd. (just like Bowman). How big is he ??, looks smaller than Kam Chancellor, but STRONG I see. He be a good pick up!
Originally posted by Overkill:
I've seen this kid play a lot. He's a good college LB in that his strengths match up well against college offenses. He can tackle in open space and definitely shows the speed to cover TE's. My concern about him at the NFL level is what he looks like in traffic and against the run. I think he's in the 220-230 range. At this point, I don't see him having the power or the moves to deal with blockers at the NFL level. A little weight training and a lot of coaching could go a long way, though.

I don't know if I understand the 4-3 Under well enough to say he definitely fits our system, but my best guess is he'd project as a Will. That's supposedly the cleanest LB in terms of blockers and where you want a guy with some speed. I don't think he has the hands to play Sam or the power/instincts for Mike.

Yeah the way I see it is if he's a 4th round pick the weaknesses you named are the reason he's a mid round pick, every player who isn't drafted high scouts see glaring holes in their game..he would be a great 4th round pick..
Originally posted by krizay:
He's 1 of a few Olb I want in the mid rounds

Agree, he will only put on more weight and strength to go with his great speed and hard hitting already..
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
He'd be great in 3rd. (just like Bowman). How big is he ??, looks smaller than Kam Chancellor, but STRONG I see. He be a good pick up!

He's 6'3 225 lbs, would add more weight and strength as his pro career goes on tho..I think Kam is taller but weighs less now..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Watch this kids Highlights and wow is he fast to the ball and a hard hitter who does well in coverage..wouldn't mind drafting him in the 3rd or 4th

I think this kid will fit into exactly what Lynch & Shanahan wants on the defensive side of the ball. Fast & hits violently when he arrives at the play. He would make a great mid round pick up for the new defense
Yeah the way I see it is if he's a 4th round pick the weaknesses you named are the reason he's a mid round pick, every player who isn't drafted high scouts see glaring holes in their game..he would be a great 4th round pick..

Agreed. Every 4th round pick has flaws or they'd all be first rounders. I think his are fixable & I'd be excited to have him. But I'm guessing somebody feels that way about every 4th rounder or they wouldn't be drafted, lol.

If nothing else, he brings speed and the type of fearlessness that could make him an instant contributor on special teams.
Not too familiar with him, I know he declared early, but I didn't see his name on the Combine invites/participants.

Really good player. Will do a full review of him later
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Not too familiar with him, I know he declared early, but I didn't see his name on the Combine invites/participants.

Your right he's not invited to the combine, I don't see him on the list..i wonder why..
Originally posted by tohara3:

I think this kid will fit into exactly what Lynch & Shanahan wants on the defensive side of the ball. Fast & hits violently when he arrives at the play. He would make a great mid round pick up for the new defense

His first 2 highlights are sacking Mahommes then lighting up Mixon.
I like what I see from this kid. Nice gem..
Visiting the niners tomorrow, would love to draft him in the 4th..
Share 49ersWebzone