LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Mike Williams (WR Clemson)

I'm watching Clemson vs. Pitt (11/12/2016) and Mike Williams certainly looks the part of a #1 WR at the NFL level. He has 8 catches for 142 yards and a touchdown...and it's halftime!

He's 6'3", 225lbs and has a game similar to DeAndre Hopkins and A.J. Green. If the Niners aren't "in love" with a QB prospect, I say we draft Williams in the 1st round.

• Tman
  • Veteran
Yea he is a good one
Garoppalo to Williams for6!?!?
Consider what Hopkins looks like with a sub par QB this year. I'm not saying pass on Williams, but if they can't find a legit QB, he may not do much initially
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
MEGATRON II ???
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Courtland Sutton > Mike Williams

When the smoke clears, he'll be best WR prospect by draft day.
Originally posted by HERN:

And neither one will be worth the #2 overall pick.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by HERN:

And neither one will be worth the #2 overall pick.

That's for Sure.

Garrett and Allen might be the only ones worthy of #2.

Still debating on Peppers.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Trade back for a extra 2nd. Get mike. Deal 2 nd fro grop
If garrett isn't there I say we go WR.

Originally posted by Butter:
Consider what Hopkins looks like with a sub par QB this year. I'm not saying pass on Williams, but if they can't find a legit QB, he may not do much initially

Hypothetically, I'd take Hopkins with the #2 pick.
Originally posted by NorthWest9Er:

You want to go WR at two overall? WTF...we could have Calvin on our team and we'd still be losing.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by Butter:

Hypothetically, I'd take Hopkins with the #2 pick.

And we'd still be losing lol WR is so dependent on the qb position...
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NorthWest9Er:

You want to go WR at two overall? WTF...we could have Calvin on our team and we'd still be losing.

We could have JJ Watt or Andrew Luck on the team and we'd still be losing. I'd still take them at 2.

That said, Mike Williams is not the same player Calvin Johnson was in college and I think we'll have better options.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
We could have JJ Watt or Andrew Luck on the team and we'd still be losing. I'd still take them at 2.

That said, Mike Williams is not the same player Calvin Johnson was in college and I think we'll have better options.

Correct I don't think we'd be losing with luck though. WR is one of the most dependent positions in football...I can't think of too many pro bowl type WRs that didn't have a solid qb throwing them the ball.

And yes I agree he's not CJ type of player and that is the type of WR you draft that high.

Personally I'd rather go the FA route for a WR and draft one a little later.
Share 49ersWebzone