LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Joey Julius-K/Beast Mode-Penn State

This dude deserves his own thread just on the basis of sheer awesomeness. I've never seen a kicker like this before, its like having an extra cover guy on special teams.

Jabrill Peppers purposely stepped aside to avoid blocking him. A Kent State returner called the tackle one of the hardest hits of his career. And one of his longtime teammates referred to him as a "stone wall."

Meet Penn State's 258-pound Joey Julius, the hardest-hitting kicker in college football.

"I would say he's the hardest hitter on the team," Nittany Lions defensive end Shareef Miller said.

Sure, maybe a laughing Miller was speaking tongue in cheek. But those hit by Julius say the kicker is no joke. Julius has twice gone viral this season by barreling downfield after kicking the ball off and brutally tackling the returner like an oversized linebacker.

"Never been hit by a kicker. Never been caught by a kicker, actually," said Michigan returner Jourdan Lewis, whom Julius smacked in the above video. "In college I never knew that a kicker had the trigger in the hole. I thought he'd just stay back there for a safety valve, but he definitely didn't care about that. He took his shot and made it."

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/137067/joey-julius-the-hardest-hitting-kicker-in-college-football

"That guy is surprisingly a very good cover guy. ... Credit to him, he's a big, stout cover guy you really have to account for, which is unfortunate. You usually like to be able to ignore the kickers." -- Jay Harbaugh, Michigan special teams coach

"I've never seen anything quite like this. I can't even remember anyone in the pros who took that kind of attitude on kickoffs. I can't remember anyone who had that kind of feel for it -- and he enjoys it." -- Hall of Fame linebacker Jack Ham
I'd rather have my boy Zane. Going to set all the kicking records for NCAA in the next 3 games if he stays healthy

The records set by his childhood friend, Hopkins, lol
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 29, 2016 at 4:04 PM ]
David Buehler used to practice with the coverage team and played fullback and safety at USC. He also beat his teammate Clay Mathews in the 40 at the combine and put up 25 reps on the bench press. And Ben Graham was an Australian league football player before becoming a punter.

There haven't been many 5'10 260 kickers or punters though.

A slightly less impressive video of Joey Julius:

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/10/12872676/pitt-leveled-penn-state-s-large-kicker-which-would-be-illegal-even-if-he-wasn-t-a-national-treasure
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Sep 29, 2016 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
David Buehler used to practice with the coverage team and played fullback and safety at USC. He also beat his teammate Clay Mathews in the 40 at the combine and put up 25 reps on the bench press. And Ben Graham was an Australian league football player before becoming a punter.

There haven't been many 5'10 260 kickers or punters though.

A slightly less impressive video of Joey Julius:

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/10/12872676/pitt-leveled-penn-state-s-large-kicker-which-would-be-illegal-even-if-he-wasn-t-a-national-treasure

Illegal hit made to look worse by a flop.

Julius stays winning.
1st round pick? Possible trade up to #1?
D'ya reckon he hits the pussay just as hard?
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
1st round pick? Possible trade up to #1?

Webzone reaction to Baalke drafting a kicker in round 1?
I heard he converted to corner and blew out an ACL this week = Baalke's two favorites.
Originally posted by Zealot:
D'ya reckon he hits the pussay just as hard?

No please tell us more
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Julius stays winning.

Happened again today against Minny.

If dude wants to be a big hitter, should stop being a p***y...

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Julius stays winning.

Happened again today against Minny.

If dude wants to be a big hitter, should stop being a p***y...

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2016/10/minnesota-was-fed-up-with-penn-st-husky-kicker-videos/
Share 49ersWebzone