There are 197 users in the forums

Patrick Mahomes QB

This guy is the real deal..I'm telling u chip will love this guy running the show... Kingsbury is a hell of a coach and got his ready to tear the league up when he comes out...I'm Telling u hes a future 9er
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
This guy is the real deal..I'm telling u chip will love this guy running the show... Kingsbury is a hell of a coach and got his ready to tear the league up when he comes out...I'm Telling u hes a future 9er

I haven't really seen Mahomes play, but the fact he replaced Webb is a good sign. Webb is a legit QB and a prospect in his own right. Webb and Amaro freaking killed my Sun Devils in the Holiday Bowl. I just remember Amaro being uncoverable by our team

Kingsbury is a legit coach too

Im worried about ASU's game against Tech. Kingsbury knew how to prepare his team to shut down our offense, and knew how to attack our offense. He was one step ahead of our coach in the bowl game.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I haven't really seen Mahomes play, but the fact he replaced Webb is a good sign. Webb is a legit QB and a prospect in his own right. Webb and Amaro freaking killed my Sun Devils in the Holiday Bowl. I just remember Amaro being uncoverable by our team

Kingsbury is a legit coach too

Im worried about ASU's game against Tech. Kingsbury knew how to prepare his team to shut down our offense, and knew how to attack our offense. He was one step ahead of our coach in the bowl game.

I'm going to ASU's game against NAU and I'm worried about that.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I'm going to ASU's game against NAU and I'm worried about that.

lol

There is reason to be worried! NAU apparently has a good passing attack and a legit WR. And our Secondary was HORRIBLE lat year.

Manny Wilkins name the starter. Fingers crossed.
had him as a 2nd rd pick in my 2017 mock..i agree he can run any offense, make all the tough throws and is crazy athletic and hard to tackle..i like him a lot obviously..i hope he becomes a niner..I also like him as a top 3 finalist for the Heisman this year..
His throwing motion sucks and will get lots of batted down passes, kind of side arm. If he can tune that up a bit, very intriguing prospect and a guy like the op said above that Chip could fall in love with
He needs to develop more pocket passing fundamentals. He freewheels a lot and it works,but that isn't gonna be in play as much in the Pro's. Awesome tools though. Has one of the strongest arms I can remember recently. He throws lasers while on the move. Weird release, but it comes out quick.

[ Edited by Chibamarines on Sep 6, 2016 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Chibamarines:
He needs to develop more pocket passing fundamentals. He freewheels a lot and it works,but that isn't gonna be in play as much in the Pro's. Awesome tools though. Has one of the strongest arms I can remember recently. He throws lasers while on the move. Weird release, but it comes out quick.

what i noticed is that he runs so far behind the LOS alot that could lead to a huge chunks of loss yardage if hes sacked.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Sep 6, 2016 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
His throwing motion sucks and will get lots of batted down passes, kind of side arm. If he can tune that up a bit, very intriguing prospect and a guy like the op said above that Chip could fall in love with

Think I need to add to this. Chip and I could fall in love with! Kid is definitely a baller and fun to watch. Two games in and I'm wanting him more for this offense. Right now it's a Kizer/Watson/Mahomes race for me with Falk right behind them
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Has there ever been a great QB named Mahomes?

(only joking)

I like his fit with Chip Kelly. He's a mobile guy who can run the zone read which Chip hasn't really had at the pro level. He and Watson are the best fits, but Kizer would still be the top choice.
Well I obviously watched him play against ASU.

Great athlete, excellent arm strength. Weakness is he plays such an unconventional style, scrambling around in the backfield, but hey that type of crap works for Russell Wilson.

In the 4th he threw two picks. Both were really odd, I'm not sure what happened. I almost feel like it was a broken play? Either that or his arm just went dead. They were both kind of lobs in the air that weren't on target. Which leads me to think it was suppose to be some type of backshoulder throw that the WR ran the wrong route on or something?

He did a great job spreading the ball around. He didn't show any tendencies, it felt so unpredictable how he would pick us apart. Everything was working. His WRs looked meh to me. Tech's coaching staff didn't look prepared for the game (which was funny because in the Bowl game 4 years ago, I felt it was the complete opposite with coach preparation). I would not be surprised if Tech wins Big 12 due to Mahomes.

He looked like a 1st round QB to me. There really wasn't any stopping him, I felt like both picks were just dumb luck because something clearly looked broken

Two weeks later I saw Davis Webb, who I thought looked like a mid to late round QB against ASU.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 28, 2016 at 11:31 AM ]
Seems like another guy whose stock will rise like Wentz. VERY intriguing especially imagining him in Chip's offense.

Originally posted by ninerAxe:
Seems like another guy whose stock will rise like Wentz. VERY intriguing especially imagining him in Chip's offense.

He has a little Russell Wilson in him with the way he scrambles. He's great at slipping through tackles and he keeps his eyes downfield looking to pass. He can obviously run the zone read but I see him as a guy who looks to throw and can extend the play until he finds an open receiver.
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by ninerAxe:

He has a little Russell Wilson in him with the way he scrambles. He's great at slipping through tackles and he keeps his eyes downfield looking to pass. He can obviously run the zone read but I see him as a guy who looks to throw and can extend the play until he finds an open receiver.

I just hope this guy is on Baalke and his scouts' radar. Sick and tired of these misses on the offensive skill positions.
[ Edited by ninerAxe on Sep 29, 2016 at 12:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone