LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Kipers 2017 Qb's List

Not all of them but enough to get an idea of what may be available.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/5/23/11747348/mel-kiper-2017-draft-position-rankings-quarterbacks-deshaun-watson-brad-kaaya-davis-webb

Thoughts??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not all of them but enough to get an idea of what may be available.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/5/23/11747348/mel-kiper-2017-draft-position-rankings-quarterbacks-deshaun-watson-brad-kaaya-davis-webb

Thoughts??

Kind of a depressing QB class honestly. Watson is the top catch, I dont see Kayaa being an option for the 49ers and Ive felt he is rather overrated anyways. Kelly is a headcase and its questionable as to how much he has matured.

Beyond that, who knows, maybe a guy like Falk moves up, maybe Webb surprises at Cal, who knows but from where I stand, this looks like a weaker class than this recent crop.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 23, 2016 at 5:00 PM ]
I like Davis Webb a lot more than Brad Kaaya. It'll be interesting to see how he does in Dykes' offense.
Mitch Leidner: Nu uh,
Everyone said next year's qb class would be stronger than this last one. Looks like opinions are changing
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Everyone said next year's qb class would be stronger than this last one. Looks like opinions are changing

They did? I don't recall "everyone" saying that at all. Most people I've heard (read) talk about this have said '16 is the stronger QB class.

My opinion is changing in the opposite direction. There was no one after Goff, Wentz, and Lynch this year. Next year, there are a few players that interest me beyond Watson and Kaaya. I also think Watson is significantly better than Goff or Wentz (Goff and Wentz are better than Kaaya though).

Last year I was pushing for us to get Goff/Wentz assuming we may not be in position to draft Watson next year and the QB class would be worse. I'm not so sure anymore (on either count).
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on May 24, 2016 at 8:14 AM ]
The Next great QB will be McCaffery coming from Michigan.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
The Next great QB will be McCaffery coming from Michigan.

I never thought it'd be stronger. A lot of folks said the Rams and Eagles moves were understandable since the next couple of QB classes look weak.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That certainly wasn't me the one saying it. I was all for trading up to get Goff or Wentz, because I was always thinking about how bad next years class would be or is gonna be.
A QB Kipe didn't have on his list is JR QB Mason Rudolph Ok. State.

Only 20 years old, so it's a little early to criticize his lack of arm strength (it should get better). His footwork, release, quickness to get rid of the ball, etc. seem pretty average at this point. But the one thing that stands out about him is long-range accuracy. Like Alex Smith, he's good at dropping the ball in the right spot on a "rainbow" pass (where he doesn't need "zip" but just has to place it in the right spot).

If he comes out after his Jr. season, he could be one of those QBs who has people kicking themselves for passing on just on potential (like Aaron Rodgers). He could also be the next Teddy Bridgewater, but time will tell. This loaf isn't baked yet.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on May 25, 2016 at 4:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I never thought it'd be stronger. A lot of folks said the Rams and Eagles moves were understandable since the next couple of QB classes look weak.

its definitely deeper

i wouldnt say stronger

i think watson may be better than both goff/wentz then theres a bunch of round 2-3 talent in this draft

this qb class that came out was goff wentz lynch (barely) and thats it
Originally posted by harryj:
its definitely deeper

i wouldnt say stronger

i think watson may be better than both goff/wentz then theres a bunch of round 2-3 talent in this draft

Using that same logic, the next QB class is Watson, Kayaa and Kelly(barely) thats it.

I see a whole bunch of middling prospects that arent necessarily better than a Hackenberg, Prescott or Cook.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by harryj:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

its definitely deeper

i wouldnt say stronger

Jared Goff, Carson Wentz and Paxton Lynch>Deshaun Watson, ??????, ??????

There won't be two QB's drafted in the top 10, there probably won't even be one QB drafted in the top 10 speaking of Watson. I just don't think he has prototypical size for a top 10 or 20 QB that you want and I also think he's a victim of good players around him that make him look better than what he is. I also think he needs to clean up turning the ball over something teams will definitely scrutinize. But aside from Watson, there is a bit of a drop off, sure there's Chad Kelly but the thought of Johnny Manziel will always be on the minds of all teams and Kelly has HUGE bust potential much more than Manziel coming outta college. Mason Rudolph is one that can sneak into the 1st round if he builds on his Sophomore season, prototypical size at 6'4" 220 pounds, but questionable decision making but again only a Sophomore.

I give this years class a C+ compared to last years A
Share 49ersWebzone