There are 271 users in the forums

Christian McCaffrey--Stanford

If our QB situation works out under Chip, and we feel like we're set at that position, I would love to add this guy. He seems like a guy, if used properly, would change the whole dynamic of our offense. Plus, winner attitude.
I love this kid in college. How do you guys see him do in the NFL?
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

Poor man's Darren Sproles?

Kinda small to be an every-down 'back.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Teams aren't going to draft McCaffrey in the first 2 rounds to be a poor man's Darren Sproles. He's a better NFL draft prospect than Derrick Henry was last year. His quickness translates and he has better long speed than people realize. Stanford coaches have said he runs a laser timed 4.50 which translates to around a 4.4 at the combine (hand-timed start) and he looks around that fast on the field. He'll be 210 by the combine.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/stanford-cardinal-christian-mccaffrey-rb-father-ed-david-shaw-mandel-101415

He's a slightly less explosive Reggie Bush to me, but he runs with more of a chip on his shoulder. He may not be a bell cow back, but he's a playmaker and could probably line up in the slot at times in the pros. I don't think he's far off from Elliott as a prospect. This RB class is loaded, so a very good RB could be there at the top of the 2nd round.

It's too early to call this, but I'd be surprised if Garnett, Watson, and Fournette aren't the top 3 picks if they stay healthy. Fournette is almost an Adrian Peterson clone (bigger, maybe not quite as fast).
He looks like the next Billy Cannon.
I want him on the 9ers!
Love watching McCaffrey but Fournette man.. Really love watching his highlight reels. Fournette is head and shoulders above any other RB. McCaffrey would fit in very nicely with us tho if we could grab him.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
He's a better NFL draft prospect than Derrick Henry was last year.

He's a slightly less explosive Reggie Bush to me

No. No no no. He's not a better RB prospect than Derrick Henry. Henry is almost as nifty, and he has 40 pounds on the guy. Mccaffery is made for the college game.

Also, Henry's a better prospect than Reggie Bush was. By far. Bush was vastly overrated (called it).
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Teams aren't going to draft McCaffrey in the first 2 rounds to be a poor man's Darren Sproles. He's a better NFL draft prospect than Derrick Henry was last year. His quickness translates and he has better long speed than people realize. Stanford coaches have said he runs a laser timed 4.50 which translates to around a 4.4 at the combine (hand-timed start) and he looks around that fast on the field. He'll be 210 by the combine.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/stanford-cardinal-christian-mccaffrey-rb-father-ed-david-shaw-mandel-101415

He's a slightly less explosive Reggie Bush to me, but he runs with more of a chip on his shoulder. He may not be a bell cow back, but he's a playmaker and could probably line up in the slot at times in the pros. I don't think he's far off from Elliott as a prospect. This RB class is loaded, so a very good RB could be there at the top of the 2nd round.

It's too early to call this, but I'd be surprised if Garnett, Watson, and Fournette aren't the top 3 picks if they stay healthy. Fournette is almost an Adrian Peterson clone (bigger, maybe not quite as fast).
Yeah I don't see him going in round one. He reminds me alot of Danny Woodhead. There's no doubt that he could be a weapon for an innovative offensive mind. I'd love to see him featured in Chip's screen game and short to intermediate passing game. Definitely not for a first round pick though. Not for a running back that ultimately will be a change of pace and speciality down player in the NFL. For the right value though, I'd love to see the kid in red and gold next year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
No. No no no. He's not a better RB prospect than Derrick Henry. Henry is almost as nifty, and he has 40 pounds on the guy. Mccaffery is made for the college game.

Also, Henry's a better prospect than Reggie Bush was. By far. Bush was vastly overrated (called it).

Derrick Henry isn't a good prospect. He will be lucky to get a second contract with the Titans.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Derrick Henry isn't a good prospect.

He's not a great prospect, but he's better than Reggie Bush was. Not the punt returner Reggie was, but he's much better at playing RB.

I don't know that he's going to have much success playing on the Titans though.
If Mccaffery wants to get serious about playing in the NFL, he'll put on a good 15 pounds at least & see how he plays at that weight.
I see him as a N.E. Patriot
alot of RBs with his explosive style kill it in college but become big busts in the NFL. i wouldnt spend a 1st on him. Perhaps a late 2nd and definitely a 3rd
If Mccaffery wants to get serious about playing in the NFL, he'll put on a good 15 pounds at least & see how he plays at that weight.

He's already over 200... He's likely to go in the first round if he measures at 210 and keeps his speed/quickness. Not every RB had to be Adrian Peterson's size or bigger coming out to be successful in the NFL (Peterson was 217 in college).
Share 49ersWebzone