LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 188 users in the forums

2017 offseason and draft

Resign
1. Williams NT assuming he comes back this season and produces.

Extensions
1. Eric Reid
2. Aaron Lynch OLB
3. Dontae Johnson CB
4. Carlos Hyde RB assuming he stays healthy and produces.

Release
1. A. Brooks 8.7 million cap number only 850 k dead money he's gone.
2. A. Bethea 7 million cap number 1.25 dead money

Free agency
It's going to be one of the weakest classes in years we will set this one out and watch for bargains.

NFL Draft
Browns and going to be bad they grab Watson at number 1.

R1/P2 Myles Garret OLB this guy is a superstar.
R2/P2 Nick Chubb RB
R3/P2 Evan Engram TE
R4/P2 Luke Falk QB either Gabbertt or Kap will be gone another QB of the future
R4/comp Dante Booker ILB
R5/P2 Gareon Conley CB
R6/P2 Andy Phillips K
R6/Denver Jarron Jones NT
R7/P2 Josh Malone WR
R7/KC Billy Price C
First of all I don't think we will have the 2nd pick. Or, strangely, that the Browns have the 1st. Or that a QBOTF is likely to be still available in round 4. Or that we take a running back in the 2nd but neglect receivers till the 7th round. And I think we will need to spend out more that a 7th on a center.
I personally thought this free agent class was pretty good but after teams franchise tag and extend players it could end up weak..as for the draft I don't think Garrett will be a possibility either..i think the 49ers will finish around 7-9, 8-8.. and if Chubb shows hes healthy he will be gone round 1..and idk much at all about Falk but I know ppl like him and think he will be a 1st rd pick..should've put schools with the names bc a couple idk about..
Originally posted by English:
First of all I don't think we will have the 2nd pick. Or, strangely, that the Browns have the 1st. Or that a QBOTF is likely to be still available in round 4. Or that we take a running back in the 2nd but neglect receivers till the 7th round. And I think we will need to spend out more that a 7th on a center.
I agree. We'll be at #1 for sure
We won't have pick 2. Give us a little credit. This year we blew with crap coaching and still picked 7th. I know we have the toughest schedule, but we are still not picking 2nd. I'm guessing pick 9 in 2017 to much surprise.
Next year's FA is weaker but we will be spending $$. We will need to. We will be much more active in 2017.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on May 13, 2016 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by stonecold590:
We won't have pick 2. Give us a little credit. This year we blew with crap coaching and still picked 7th. I know we have the toughest schedule, but we are still not picking 2nd. I'm guessing pick 9 in 2017 to my CH surprise.
Next year's FA is weaker but we will be spending $$. We will need to. We will be much more active in 2017.

I agree with this, we won't be picking 2nd unless we have a major melt down and a bunch of injuries occur.

We will have to spend starting in 2017 for the next 4 year 89% spending limit kicks in from 2017-2020.
Thank you for this thread. Was wondering how many picks we would have in 2017 and what rounds. This answers it. Much obliged.
two players I really want in next year's draft, may mean having two 1s again

Raekwon McMillan and Christian McCaffery
Originally posted by Escobar:

Yes. Very yes. He or the dude from Florida (forget his name at the moment) would look very nice next to Bowman.

I think McMillan is a 4/3 ILB he might be to big for a 3/4

Browns are going to be bad next season. Don't let Jackson fool you. They let too many players go and are depending on RG3 to make them better. As for the RB I'm a buckeye but I don't think Hyde can stay healthy with his running style. I also think Rogers and Ellington are going to solidify our wrs this season. I wouldn't care if we had to move up a little to grab Garrett. I think OLB is going to be our biggest need next season. Rb is so deep next season we have to grab a 1b option to sure up the position.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I think McMillan is a 4/3 ILB he might be to big for a 3/4

Huh? He's listed at 6'2 240.
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
Thank you for this thread. Was wondering how many picks we would have in 2017 and what rounds. This answers it. Much obliged.
I believe our 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, plus a comp 4, and 5th or 6th from WAS and 7th from CLE

Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Yes. Very yes. He or the dude from Florida (forget his name at the moment) would look very nice next to Bowman.

That would be Jarrad Davis
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
I believe our 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, plus a comp 4, and 5th or 6th from WAS and 7th from CLE

Originally posted by NinerSickness:

That would be Jarrad Davis

the only comp pick next year is for Alex Boone right..?
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:

Browns are going to be bad next season. Don't let Jackson fool you. They let too many players go and are depending on RG3 to make them better. As for the RB I'm a buckeye but I don't think Hyde can stay healthy with his running style. I also think Rogers and Ellington are going to solidify our wrs this season. I wouldn't care if we had to move up a little to grab Garrett. I think OLB is going to be our biggest need next season. Rb is so deep next season we have to grab a 1b option to sure up the position.

Prophetic.
Share 49ersWebzone