LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Ezekiel Elliot or Derek Henry

Would it be a terrible idea if Baalke would choose to trade back for Ezekiel Elliot in the 1st or Grab Derek Henry in the 2nd.. Elliot is an every down back who can run between the tackles and catch the ball in the air like WR. Hyde and Henry would look so punishing to a defense we play. Henry in HS ran 4.4 so he isnt as slow as some would think. I know we have other needs but these 2 are some dynamic players in their own right.
We have lots of holes but we have Hyde, Harris, Draughn and Davis on the offense so I think we should pick other players.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
We have lots of holes but we have Hyde, Harris, Draughn and Davis on the offense so I think we should pick other players.

Damn Hyde needs help
Originally posted by YungAce:

Damn Hyde needs help

Yes but not 1st/2nd round help, surely? Other needs.....
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Would it be a terrible idea if Baalke would choose to trade back for Ezekiel Elliot in the 1st or Grab Derek Henry in the 2nd.. Elliot is an every down back who can run between the tackles and catch the ball in the air like WR. Hyde and Henry would look so punishing to a defense we play. Henry in HS ran 4.4 so he isnt as slow as some would think. I know we have other needs but these 2 are some dynamic players in their own right.

No No No....there are much better prospects at positions of need then RB in the 1st or 2nd.

I want no part of 250 lb Henry we don't have a OL good enough to create holes for him like in Bama. Zeek would be the better pick but not unless he fell to the 3rd.

There are a TON of fine RBs to be had in the 3rd-5th rounds I like C.J. Prosise in the 4th...he was a WR/safety turned RB he avg 6.6 yards per carry and 11 yards per catch he's the perfect fit for chip's offense and as a 3rd down guy IMO.

Hyde, Davis, Prosise, Harris is a fine group (Hayne on practice squad)
Originally posted by NYniner85:

No No No....there are much better prospects at positions of need then RB in the 1st or 2nd.

I want no part of 250 lb Henry we don't have a OL good enough to create holes for him like in Bama. Zeek would be the better pick but not unless he fell to the 3rd.

There are a TON of fine RBs to be had in the 3rd-5th rounds I like C.J. Prosise in the 4th...he was a WR/safety turned RB he avg 6.6 yards per carry and 11 yards per catch he's the perfect fit for chip's offense and as a 3rd down guy IMO.

Hyde, Davis, Prosise, Harris is a fine group (Hayne on practice squad)

Big fan of Prosise if he makes it to the 4th round, but I think he'll be taken in the 3rd - he looks like a natural at RB and is ~220 with some speed. Plus, he has experience playing at WR so we could be creative with him on offense and he'd be great out of the backfield.

If Elliot somehow makes it to our 2nd round pick and is the BPA, I wouldn't be mad if we took him. There are worse things than having 2 good RB's especially in an up tempo offense. We're not going to address all our needs this year anyways and should have a reasonably high draft pick next year.

Henry could be a beast if he goes to a team that can block like the Cowboys - he has deceptive speed and is a load to bring down in the secondary. I agree that I wouldn't really want him here given the current state of our offensive line - I don't see him making a ton of players miss in the backfield.
Henry will be stopped at the line of scrimmage in the pros. Elliot had national exposure behind a top recruited offensive line. There will probably be lower round picks that will be as good or better.
Yea Henry looks like a freak of nature but from what Iev seen he doesn't really run people over as a 6ft 4 250lb back I think he would have been better as a LB or something cause the way he runs shows he relies on his athletic ability and that won't fly on the NFL
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Big fan of Prosise if he makes it to the 4th round, but I think he'll be taken in the 3rd - he looks like a natural at RB and is ~220 with some speed. Plus, he has experience playing at WR so we could be creative with him on offense and he'd be great out of the backfield.

If Elliot somehow makes it to our 2nd round pick and is the BPA, I wouldn't be mad if we took him. There are worse things than having 2 good RB's especially in an up tempo offense. We're not going to address all our needs this year anyways and should have a reasonably high draft pick next year.

Henry could be a beast if he goes to a team that can block like the Cowboys - he has deceptive speed and is a load to bring down in the secondary. I agree that I wouldn't really want him here given the current state of our offensive line - I don't see him making a ton of players miss in the backfield.

CJ IMO will be there in the 4th because there are gonna be more experienced backs ahead of him...he has one year as a RB with like 8 games to look at.

Personally if zeek is there in the 2nd I'd look to trade, I'd rather have a 3rd down back we can line up anywhere vs two big workhorse backs splitting carries that work better with more snaps.
Plenty of RB talent to be had in the latter rounds. Too much of a gamble an not a big enough need to draft one in the first three rounds. I would like to add depth and competition to that group, but not with a high draft pick.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by YungAce:

Damn Hyde needs help

Yes but not 1st/2nd round help, surely? Other needs.....

Depends on talent available, Elliot is a special player
Is Harris and Draughn signed through next year?
Originally posted by ChipKelly:
Is Harris and Draughn signed through next year?

only Harris

Here's my opinion:

1. We have bigger needs than RB so we'll probably pass on Ezekiel Elliot in the 1st and 2nd rounds (even though I badly want the 49ers to draft him)

2. Derek Henry wouldn't be a great fit for us because we don't have a good offensive line to block for him. Elliot is better suited but he'll probably be gone by the top of the second.

If I had to bet on which one would do better in the pros, I'd bet all day on Ezekiel Elliot. The guy was an absolute beast at Ohio State and his running style works really well in the NFL.

Derek Henry on the other hand is a freak but he'll only do well on a team with a good offensive line because he's not very fast until he gets into space.
Zeke!
Share 49ersWebzone