There are 293 users in the forums

Another one...

ok and another one..this time I'm combining all my other mocks in 1..with consideration to my fellow webzonians opinions..

I'm aiming to keep this realistic and fixing a hole in free agency and patching up other problem also signing Baalke type players aka failed 1st rd talent..

-Resign-
Williams
Boldin (I think he comes back..still think he will be great in the slot in Kellys O)
Celek
Tiller
Davis returns

-Cuts-
Brooks
Pears
Bethea
Dorsey

-Trade-
No trade for Kap..I think and hope he stays and does exactly what Steve Young says and goes to Chip and ask for help being the best he can be in Chips scheme
Kiko Alonso for 4th rd pick
5th Rd pick for next year 4th Rd

-Free Agency-

Jahri Evans-very good offensive guard who has had expeience running ZBS..i believe the saints still run it..shouldn't be much money..
Alex Mack-worth every penny he wants in my eyes..makes Kilgore a great back up to center and guard position..
Kendall Reyes-still young and good depth possible starter..him and Dial fight it out..
Lamar Miller-I still think signing Miller will be a great move bc of his age and playmaking ability..Mia didn't use him correct at all..
Dion Jordan-gets cut by the Dolphins and signed to a cheap prove it deal..

-NFL Draft-

Round 1-WR-Laquon Treadwell..will prove all the bs rumors wrong at the combine..lets hope me makes it to 7..
Round 2-OLB-Leonard Floyd..falls to the 2nd and we scoop up the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft..
Round 3-QB-Dak Prescott-Chip has his QB that he can finally teach his system from day 1..
Round 4-OL-Christian Westerman-again my fav o-lineman in the draft..a steal..
Round 5-CB-Xavien Howard-tall long and fast exactly type of cb Chip likes..
Round 5-KR-Jakeem Grant-little guy who is electris with the ball in his hands
Round 5-WR-Shaq Williams-would've been a 1st round pick if he stayed out of trouble..worth the risk..
Round 6-OT-Tyler Johnstone-Chips former recruit
Round 6-K-Marshall Morgan-young and cheap..accurate
Round 6-ILB-Anthoy Sarao-st guy
Round 6-OLB-Jimmy Bean-tore his ACL..red shirted
I like it but i am not a fan of Prescott in the 3rd. could add valuable depth there and we would already have two Qbs that fit chip's scheme. Rather take adams in the 5th or late 4th
not bad but you didn't really solve our pass rush issues IMO. Reyes is a downgrade to Dial he was awful against the run last year and offered little in pass rush. We already have a long lankly pass rusher in Eli Harold so I'd pass on Loyd.

Love the Kiko trade (I'm not sure we'd have to give up as much though). I want Alex Mack, Evans would be interesting but I'd have no problem pushing Kilgore to LG and I like the miller pickup, I just think he's gonna want to go somewhere were he can be the bell cow.
Pretty good draft. Only thing I would debate is Leonard Floyd falling to the second. Don't think he will make it that far.

Not trading Kaep also something I don't agree with or signing Dion Jordan. Those are two high risk moves that I don't think Baalke can afford.

If you could find another pass rusher besides Floyd in the draft or in free agency, this would be a great offseason.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
not bad but you didn't really solve our pass rush issues IMO. Reyes is a downgrade to Dial he was awful against the run last year and offered little in pass rush. We already have a long lankly pass rusher in Eli Harold so I'd pass on Loyd.

Love the Kiko trade (I'm not sure we'd have to give up as much though). I want Alex Mack, Evans would be interesting but I'd have no problem pushing Kilgore to LG and I like the miller pickup, I just think he's gonna want to go somewhere were he can be the bell cow.

yeah as for pass rushing help I was trying to think of a vet to trade for and almost had us trading for James Harrison considering all the young talent Pittsburgh has and Bud Dupree ready to become a starter..but I think he retires there..and free agency in my eyes is soft for pass rushers..and vets you can think of trading for..? i was also thinking of signing Vernon but I wanted to keep it realistic as possible..and as for Miller I hope Chip can convince him he will get the ball plenty in his offense..he did convince Mathews and Murray last year..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Feb 14, 2016 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Pretty good draft. Only thing I would debate is Leonard Floyd falling to the second. Don't think he will make it that far.

Not trading Kaep also something I don't agree with or signing Dion Jordan. Those are two high risk moves that I don't think Baalke can afford.

If you could find another pass rusher besides Floyd in the draft or in free agency, this would be a great offseason.

thanks and yeah If Floyd is there I think we snatch him up fast..my thing with trading kap is I don't want to bc I'm dying to see him in Chips offense..i think Jed and Baalke will give it a year and plus they feel like Kap is a bargain right now..as for Jordan..i have him getting cut then we sign him to a 1 yr deal..nothing crazy..i mean the guy was a beast in college and was the 3rd pick..he has talent..but has to stay clean and Chip got the most out of him in college..so hopefully he can do so now..and as for finding a pass rusher in free agency there just isn't much talent this year..like I said too NYniner..maybe trade for a vet..but who..?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
yeah as for pass rushing help I was trying to think of a vet to trade for and almost had us trading for James Harrison considering all the young talent Pittsburgh has and Bud Dupree ready to become a starter..but I think he retires there..and free agency in my eyes is soft for pass rushers..and vets you can think of trading for..? i was also thinking of signing Vernon but I wanted to keep it realistic as possible..and as for Miller I hope Chip can convince him he will get the ball plenty in his offense..he did convince Mathews and Murray last year..

I think chip convinced with cash IMO we need pass rush and a lot of fresh legs for our defense.

We will see big off season I hope!

I think chip convinced with cash IMO we need pass rush and a lot of fresh legs for our defense.

well we definitely have the cash to convince..more teams will be cutting players so hopefully we can find more pass rushing help that way if not the draft..or better yet Harold will surprise and beast lol

well we definitely have the cash to convince..more teams will be cutting players so hopefully we can find more pass rushing help that way if not the draft..or better yet Harold will surprise and beast lol

It will be interesting to see what Eli and Tank can do! I would like to add one more pass rusher especially if we cut Brooks.

I'm down with Spence.

It will be interesting to see what Eli and Tank can do! I would like to add one more pass rusher especially if we cut Brooks.

I'm down with Spence.

yeah Spence is the best pass rusher in the draft but Idk if I'm willing to take him at 7..trade back to the mid teens and id be ok..as of now..lol

yeah Spence is the best pass rusher in the draft but Idk if I'm willing to take him at 7..trade back to the mid teens and id be ok..as of now..lol

He's not lasting until the teens man like you said best pass rusher in the draft....he needs to be the pick if Goff and Buckner are gone.

He's not lasting until the teens man like you said best pass rusher in the draft....he needs to be the pick if Goff and Buckner are gone.

cant really say exactly where he is going at this point..there could be things we don't know about that come up at the combine but I will say if nothing bad happens and he lights up the combine like expected I agree he will go top 10..if he stayed out of trouble and stayed at OSU he might've been the number 1 pick..but the fact he played less talent ( not saying hes not a beast but its true ) and has had drug problems makes it tough to take a player at 7..
Jahri Evans is 33...Alex Boone's 29. Keep Boone, pass on Evans. Alex's versatility is great...should Staley go down, he can slide over and play LT.

Reyes isn't good enough to sign, IMHO. Dial's mediocre, at best, so Baalke needs to sign a starter. Talking Malik Jackson, Vernon (Miami) or Clayborn.

Not sure Boldin returns...probably in his last season or two as an effective starter, may well want to spend it on a team competing for the SB. Instead, sign Marvin Brown, a young, good-sized WR who can run.

Bethea's our most experienced guy in the secondary...excellent leader, still a very good player. I'd think long & hard before I cut him. In fact, I wouldn't cut him.

Like most of your draft picks...nice to see someone recognize TT's Grant, a positively electric player, and pretty tough for his small size.

Have no problem w/Prescott...he's got great size, athleticism and can take the hits that would arguably sideline Adams.
Oops, meant Marvin Jones, not Brown.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Jahri Evans is 33...Alex Boone's 29. Keep Boone, pass on Evans. Alex's versatility is great...should Staley go down, he can slide over and play LT.

Reyes isn't good enough to sign, IMHO. Dial's mediocre, at best, so Baalke needs to sign a starter. Talking Malik Jackson, Vernon (Miami) or Clayborn.

Not sure Boldin returns...probably in his last season or two as an effective starter, may well want to spend it on a team competing for the SB. Instead, sign Marvin Brown, a young, good-sized WR who can run.

Bethea's our most experienced guy in the secondary...excellent leader, still a very good player. I'd think long & hard before I cut him. In fact, I wouldn't cut him.

Like most of your draft picks...nice to see someone recognize TT's Grant, a positively electric player, and pretty tough for his small size.

Have no problem w/Prescott...he's got great size, athleticism and can take the hits that would arguably sideline Adams.

Thanks for your input..see I was going to resign Boone but I don't thin he wants to be here and I don't see Baalke wanting to pay a guard a lot and a lengthy contract where as in signing Evans will be cheaper for less years..as for Reyes I was basically just looking for depth so it was either him or Andre Branch from Jacksonville..id love to sign Jackson but I'm not sure it happens considering he is in contract talks with Denver now..personally I want Boldin back..i love him as a player and leader and yes I understand hes older but id also like to see him in chips offense..as for Bethea..im cutting him bc he will only stop the growth of our future SS in Tartt..only way to get better is to play and lear..and the draft thanks and same too you noticing TT's Grant..id love to have him return kicks and gimmick plays..and I have us taking Prescott in the 3rd bc that's where I see him going..no later..he might even move to a 2nd rd pick if he lites up the combine..again thanks for ur opinions..
Share 49ersWebzone