LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

3 OL

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Will you guys be angry if Baalke does this draft this way??

NOTE: Trade down (between 10 to 13) and earn another 2nd in 2016

1) Ronnie Stanley; OT

2a) Nick Martin; C

2b) Sua Cravens; LB

3) Joshua Garnett; OG
Would be happier addressing the line in fa and drafting skill position players. It's very hard to get skill position players in fa. OLB QB WR
Waste of picks. Stacking young OL on top of young OL without finding out what any one of them could do doesn't make sense. Along with Staley, you still have Kilgore, Tiller and Thomas, as well as Martin potentially being a much better fit at guard and Brown at tackle. I think the best approach is to sign a top notch veteran OL such as Osmele, Mack or Glenn and then adding a lineman through the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM ]
Yes I would have a problem with this and a even bigger issue with Cravens.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Would be happier addressing the line in fa and drafting skill position players. It's very hard to get skill position players in fa. OLB QB WR

I agree with this. We have a LOT of cap $ to spend. May as well spend it on the O-line with several good prospects available. Get those Skill players in the draft.
I would be real angry with this.....
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Waste of picks. Stacking young OL on top of young OL without finding out what any one of them could do doesn't make sense. Along with Staley, you still have Kilgore, Tiller and Thomas, as well as Martin potentially being a much better fit at guard and Brown at tackle. I think the best approach is to sign a top notch veteran OL such as Osmele, Mack or Glenn and then adding a lineman through the draft.

Yeah I would much rather address the oline in FA, I'd be over the moon if we could grab Osmele and Mack. I think we should look at Spence or Buckner with the number 7 pick, then outside linebacker n the 2nd round. I'm happy with our corners and safeties.
3 no's
Yes id be mad, its overkill. Ronnie Stanley would be enough
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

yeah i think people are so homer over Buchannon that they are looking for the next safety LB hybrid. I am so done with USC players

Looks like we may spend about 6-8 mil on a guard in fa which kinda sucks bc we could of kept iupati for that much if we had the space back then. The guard we get may not be as good as well. At least we should look for a better pass pro guard that fits chips offense better bc I'm sick and tired of our qbs getting killed on passing downs and taking most of the blame for not performing great when no qb does great under that kind of constant pressure.

I agree. I can't recall us drafting a good player from USC since Ronnie Lott...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:

I agree. I can't recall us drafting a good player from USC since Ronnie Lott...

What are you talking about, were you not watching the 49ers when we had JEFF BREGEL and ISRAEL IFIYANYE??

Originally posted by elguapo:
Looks like we may spend about 6-8 mil on a guard in fa which kinda sucks bc we could of kept iupati for that much

If youre okay with paying $8 mil a year to a one dimensional guard I guess.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
all I remember was throwing the idea of packaging a deal that would include Iuapati to San Diego, so that we can draft the OG fron UNC!!
Share 49ersWebzone