There are 266 users in the forums

Round 3 quarterback options

Cardale jones great QB but the OC didn't know how to use him last year
Hackenburg pocket passer that they the coach was trying to ruin his career
Vernon Adams most exciting of the later round options
Any other options
Adams isn't a round 3 prospect. The earliest he goes is in round 4 but more than likely 5 or lower. Prescott is an option in round 3
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Any other options

Any other options

We might as well keep Kaep.
What about Louisiana Tech's QB Jeff Driskel ???? Anyone got anything good to say about him ???
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
What about Louisiana Tech's QB Jeff Driskel ???? Anyone got anything good to say about him ???

No
I stopped reading at Cardale Jones great QB
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Not in the 3rd round, maybe 6th round.

My 3rd Round QBs as of now are,

Hackenberg
Jones
Adams
Brissett

Prescott is a 4th rd pick right now to me.
You don't take QB's outside the 1st 2 rounds. Drafting a qb in the 3rd is a waste of a pick when you can draft a position that can actually positively impact your team. I'd rather take that 1 kicker than any QB still there in the 3rd.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Not in the 3rd round, maybe 6th round.

My 3rd Round QBs as of now are,

Hackenberg
Jones
Adams
Brissett

Prescott is a 4th rd pick right now to me.

I'd take Prescott in the 4th over all of those four.
Originally posted by WINiner:
You don't take QB's outside the 1st 2 rounds. Drafting a qb in the 3rd is a waste of a pick when you can draft a position that can actually positively impact your team. I'd rather take that 1 kicker than any QB still there in the 3rd.
Great qbs have been taken in every round didn't Montana go in the 3rd or something like that. Bill Walsh said you take a QB every single year until you get 1 and then you keep taking qbs. If we never draft any QBs how are we supposed to get 1. Montana, Brady, Wilson, Kurt Warner, Romo, it makes no sense to me not to draft QB's after round 2.

Great qbs have been taken in every round didn't Montana go in the 3rd or something like that. Bill Walsh said you take a QB every single year until you get 1 and then you keep taking qbs. If we never draft any QBs how are we supposed to get 1. Montana, Brady, Wilson, Kurt Warner, Romo, it makes no sense to me not to draft QB's after round 2.

Because QBs have the worst hit rate of any position once you get into the later rounds. If you draft a safety, even if he cant play defense, maybe they can contribute on special teams.

Unless a QB is good enough to start, you get absolutely nothing out of them. The vast majority of QBs picked in the 3rd round or later will be with their team for 2 years or less and never take a single NFL snap with that team.

People focus on the outliers that made it but they are very far and few between.

Joe Montana was drafted in 1979....the next 3rd round QB to make a Pro Bowl was Russell Wilson...drafted in 2012.

I wouldnt be upset if they took a shot on a guy like Prescott who has been improving every single year but I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for him to develop into a top starter.

Even less so for a guylike Jones who mostly looked like crap save for a handful of good games, all while surrounded by elite talent all over that offense.
Originally posted by crew:
I'd take Prescott in the 4th over all of those four.

I'd take Prescott in the 3rd over all of those. None of them in particular stands out to me but at least with Prescott you get a guy who fits the offense well, has shown consistent improvement throughout his career while playing in the SEC and has experience playing behind a craptastic OL and possesses the durability to take a beating.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 3, 2016 at 12:31 AM ]
Originally posted by aTx49er:
I stopped reading at Cardale Jones great QB

It's not like the OP is showing any obvious bias here...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'd take Prescott in the 3rd over all of those. None of them in particular stands out to me but at least with Prescott you get a guy who fits the offense well, has shown consistent improvement throughout his career while playing in the SEC and has experience playing behind a craptastic OL and possesses the durability to take a beating.

A definite requirement for our boys. Agree with Prescott...would take, though would take Goff if available at 7.
Share 49ersWebzone