LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma

Height: 5'10
Weight: 193

He isn't a physical mismatch but he is really good.
Steve Smith like
His stock is rising projected as a 2nd-3rd
2015: 86 receptions 1288 yards 11 TDs

Sterling Shepard, Oklahoma, WR: In the NFL, offensive coordinators covet pass-catchers with polished route-running skills and explosive playmaking ability. That's why Shepard is certain to attract attention from evaluators looking to add a dynamic WR3 to the mix on draft day. The 5-10, 191-pound senior put on a show during Oklahoma's 44-34 win over Baylor. The performance will have scouts salivating over his potential at the next level. Shepard not only showed strong hands and outstanding ball skills during his 14-catch, 177-yard effort that also included a pair of touchdowns, he displayed precise route-running skills to get open against one-on-one coverage on the outside. Given Shepard's ability to win with a variety of releases and stems, the Sooners' standout will garner some attention as a potential slot receiver in meeting rooms around the NFL.

Love the way he jus pops out with the passion he plays with
Originally posted by Since07:
His stock is rising projected as a 2nd-3rd
2015: 86 receptions 1288 yards 11 TDs

Sterling Shepard, Oklahoma, WR: In the NFL, offensive coordinators covet pass-catchers with polished route-running skills and explosive playmaking ability. That's why Shepard is certain to attract attention from evaluators looking to add a dynamic WR3 to the mix on draft day. The 5-10, 191-pound senior put on a show during Oklahoma's 44-34 win over Baylor. The performance will have scouts salivating over his potential at the next level. Shepard not only showed strong hands and outstanding ball skills during his 14-catch, 177-yard effort that also included a pair of touchdowns, he displayed precise route-running skills to get open against one-on-one coverage on the outside. Given Shepard's ability to win with a variety of releases and stems, the Sooners' standout will garner some attention as a potential slot receiver in meeting rooms around the NFL.

Love the way he jus pops out with the passion he plays with

Looks like a smooth operator. Like cooper was last year in terms of route running and cuts. He's just short. It Looks Like he takes a lot of punishment though. Big hits in him.
I like him a lot. Have him pegged as a target for round 3 for the Niners.
I wonder what kind of input Chip will have on players like this? Chip's former scout said he doesn't like to draft a receiver(or corner, for that matter) under 6'0.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 13, 2016 at 12:29 PM ]
Same song
I want this wr, but does the front office have blinders on when it comes to seeing talent? Not betting on them drafting Shepard
Sterling is already better than Patton and Ellington.
Originally posted by hashtagnumber80:

Which means absolutely nothing because we all knew guys like Torrey Smith and Stevie Johnson were "better", but they both came here only to have the worst seasons of their career. It doesn't matter how great receiver you are if your QB can't throw you a catchable ball or even see you on the field. Everyone is rendered useless when they're not given an opportunity to perform(i.e. Why we still have no clue what we have in Patton or Ellington).
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 13, 2016 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by hashtagnumber80:

Which means absolutely nothing because we all knew guys like Torrey Smith and Stevie Johnson were "better", but they both came here only to have the worst seasons of their career. It doesn't matter how great receiver you are if your QB can't throw you a catchable ball or even see you on the field. Everyone is rendered useless when they're not given an opportunity to perform(i.e. Why we still have no clue what we have in Patton or Ellington).

New offense though so I'm hopeful this will no longer be where receivers come to die. Except for boldin.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11326/sterling-shepard

After doing his initial tape review of college wideout prospects, NFL.com's Matt Harmon came away believing Oklahoma's Sterling Shepard is "bar none" the best route runner in this year's receiver class.

Harmon is perhaps the premier wide receiver evaluator in media today. Shepard was an ultra-productive collegiate, tallying 233 career receptions and averaging 14.9 yards per catch. Harmon says Shepard has earned the title of "my favorite" wideout in the 2016 class, "showing great ability to execute even the most in-depth and nuanced aspects of route assignments like an NFL veteran." Harmon noted Shepard was especially successful versus man coverage. Only 5-foot-10, 193, Shepard figures to be a bit of a polarizing prospect due to his shortage of size. He's drawn comparisons ranging from Tyler Lockett to Antonio Brown. Feb 14 - 10:32 AM
Woops I never posted in here, just want to go on record he was my favorite WR in the draft.

Just a playmaker. Don't care about his size or speed or 40 time or anything, in games he makes plays and will be a playmaker in the NFL too.
Share 49ersWebzone