LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Braxton Miller

I'm watching the SB practices and I'm very impressed by Miller. He showed flashes this season, but I'm always very hesitant of converts. I can't remember seeing a player pickup the position like he has.

I thought he'd be a great mid round pick, but I think he's gone in the 2nd. He's got "it".
  • pd24
  • Veteran
You think 2nd? He said he should run low 4.3 40 at the combine and said his goal is 4.28.

I kind of want to take him in the 2nd.
Originally posted by pd24:
You think 2nd? He said he should run low 4.3 40 at the combine and said his goal is 4.28.

I think he's already on par with these 2nd tier WRs. Plus, he has the speed, value as a returner, and very high ceiling. His athleticism and ability to pick up the position so fast is intriguing.
Originally posted by pd24:

I'd say it is an upset if he does not post a sub 4.40. He is really fast.
Reminds me of Antwaan Randle EL from back in the day with the Steelers. I like him but I would rather go with Michael Thomas or Tyler Boyd in the 2nd round if they are available. I think Braxton Miller is a gadget player who could be a nice piece in a Chip Kelly offense but I'm not sure he can consistently beat press coverage to warrant a 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by CountryNiner:
Reminds me of Antwaan Randle EL from back in the day with the Steelers. I like him but I would rather go with Michael Thomas or Tyler Boyd in the 2nd round if they are available. I think Braxton Miller is a gadget player who could be a nice piece in a Chip Kelly offense but I'm not sure he can consistently beat press coverage to warrant a 2nd round pick.

He seems so much more than a Randel El or a Brad Smith. He can actually excel as a WR... And returner
The Cowboys have been falling in love with him apparently.
Originally posted by strickac:
I'm watching the SB practices and I'm very impressed by Miller. He showed flashes this season, but I'm always very hesitant of converts. I can't remember seeing a player pickup the position like he has.

I thought he'd be a great mid round pick, but I think he's gone in the 2nd. He's got "it".

Julian Edelman
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Julian Edelman

It took Julian Edelman like 4 seasons to really get it and that was with a TON of work off the field to improve his game.

Miller is also miles ahead of Edelman in athletic ability so if he puts in even half the effort that Edelman did then he's most certainly worth a 2nd rounder and even a 1st rounder...just late 1st rounder because you're still getting a project.
Originally posted by genus49:
Julian Edelman

It took Julian Edelman like 4 seasons to really get it and that was with a TON of work off the field to improve his game.

Miller is also miles ahead of Edelman in athletic ability so if he puts in even half the effort that Edelman did then he's most certainly worth a 2nd rounder and even a 1st rounder...just late 1st rounder because you're still getting a project.

Hines Ward

Hines Ward

Ward played 2 seasons at WR in college :)

Still your point is obviously we've seen former QBs convert into pretty good receivers before and Miller has all the makings of being another example of that.

He'll need time to get route running down but he has gifts that will make him special if he can pick that up.
Julian Edelman

Hines Ward

Yes, these guys found success, but Miller seems to be picking it up so fast. Ward was one of the best WRs to come out of Georgia, so it's a different story. Edelman was just an athlete playing QB in college. More like a tailback under center.
On the surface I want more of a red zone target at WR but with Smelter coming back we'll have more size. Miller will need some work but he could be a real weapon offensively and in the return game
Originally posted by Niners418:
On the surface I want more of a red zone target at WR but with Smelter coming back we'll have more size. Miller will need some work but he could be a real weapon offensively and in the return game

Chip is said to like bigger WRs, but he also took Angholor in the 1st, who's slightly smaller than Miller. I think he'd be a great weapon and an upgrade over Ellington and Patton
The DBs want nothing to do with him. He's breaking their will. He's not making it to the 3rd round. There's too much upside with him.
Share 49ersWebzone