There are 145 users in the forums

Kevin Dodd - DL - Clemson

Surprised he's not being talked about. The guys a stud. Thoughts?? He's a Baalke type of pick

H - 6'5
W - 275
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/kevin-dodd?id=2555338

12 sacks this year including 3 in the national championship. He's going to end up being a top 15 pick
[ Edited by Niners418 on Jan 24, 2016 at 6:28 PM ]
Like what i see, big dude that can set the edge but looks like he's best for the 4-3. you should post ht/wt and stats when bringing some one up
Turns 24 in July and had a serious knee injury in 2013. Could be a first or second round pick, but I'm not seeing top 15. Lawson is a borderline top 15 pick.

If he's there, we may give him a look in the 2nd, but I'd rather see us bring in Malik Jackson who is only 2.5 years older, a little bigger, and already playing at a very high level in the NFL.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Jan 24, 2016 at 7:18 PM ]
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that it's "almost universally accepted at this point" that Clemson edge rusher Kevin Dodd will be selected before teammate Shaq Lawson.

"The question now is how early in Round 1 will Dodd be selected?" Pauline wrote. My did that tide turn quickly. At last week's pro day, Dodd added to the hype machine. He stood on his Combine forty (4.86) but was a full participant otherwise. "Dodd looked terrific in both defensive line and linebacker drills, displaying a lot of athleticism and ease moving around the field," Pauline wrote. Dodd posted a 30.5-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-2 broad jump, a 4.44 second short shuttle, a 7.31 second 3-cone and also completed 22 reps on the bench press
We'll draft him and ask him to add 20lbs.
Originally posted by strickac:
We'll draft him and ask him to add 20lbs.

lol
Looking like we might be trading down to get this guy he's getting so much attention by Baalke, good prospect
We better be treating back up into the first round for him. No way I want to miss out on a franchise quarterback
don't like his age, love everything else.
Not as good as Shaq Lawson. Dodd is Manny Lawson to Shaq's Mario Williams (although neither is in the same universe as Mario).
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Mar 30, 2016 at 3:14 PM ]

Saw some of his workouts today he looks pretty good. I read the 9ers liked him better at OLB than Lawson. I wouldn't mind jumping up and getting him at the bottom of round 1.
Beast
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Beast

I'm beginning to think that and the word "freak" are used WAY too often in sports.

He's a good prospect. He'll probably start somewhere for a long time. In no way is he a "beast" IMO.
Lol agreed. The only real beast edge rusher in college football is Myles Garrett. That guy is the true definition of a beast.

On Dodd, he's going to be 24. Baalke has never drafted an OLB that was older than 21 at the time of the draft.
Originally posted by Heroism:

On Dodd, he's going to be 24. Baalke has never drafted an OLB that was older than 21 at the time of the draft.

For contrast, Marcus Martin won't turn 23 until mid-season. And most people on this forum think Martin has already run out of time to avoid the "B" word.

Also, Dodd did absolutely nothing until this season. Where's he been this whole time?
Share 49ersWebzone