LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Andrew Billings DT Baylor

This guy is a wreaking ball! what are you're thoughts as our 2nd round pick? He might move up the boards when it's all said and done though.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/134260/andrew-billings

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/134260/andrew-billings
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This guy is a beast, freakish strength, really hope he falls to the 2nd round
Better prospect than Danny Shelton. I highly doubt he drops to the second but if he does it would be a no brainer to pick him up. His strength is just ridiculous. Top 15 talent.
yeah this draft IMO is stacked at DL/OL which is nice....yeah CBS Sports has him at 14th overall. I was looking at Walterfootball and he has him as a 1st-2nd round prospect.

CBS Sports.

STRENGTHS: A load in the middle with brute power to engage blockers and toss them aside. Flashes dominant qualities when he keeps his pad level low, rolls his hips at the point of attack and pushes his momentum into the backfield.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal range to consistently make plays outside the hashes. Needs to improve backfield vision and pre-snap anticipation. If the technique and discipline catch up to his natural brawling strength and mentality, then he'll soon be playing in a NFL stadium near you.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 27, 2015 at 8:07 AM ]
IMO we should only draft him if we traded up or down because he's too bad for top 10 and too good for Round 2.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
IMO we should only draft him if we traded up or down because he's too bad for top 10 and too good for Round 2.

Why is he too bad for a top 10 pick just curious? He gets compared to aaron Donald. I mean I'm all for a trade down to get him but I wouldn't be suprised if he's a top 10 pick all said in done.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Why is he too bad for a top 10 pick just curious? He gets compared to aaron Donald. I mean I'm all for a trade down to get him but I wouldn't be suprised if he's a top 10 pick all said in done.

IMO Bosa, Ogbah and Buckner are far better than Billings. IMO Robinson and Washington are also better than him.

Remember this is only my opinion.
He's been my favourite player in the draft outside of the top 10 all year. I have no idea why he's thought of as a 2nd-round pick.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

IMO Bosa, Ogbah and Buckner are far better than Billings. IMO Robinson and Washington are also better than him.

Remember this is only my opinion.

I mean those guys are all very good don't get me wrong but Billings isn't a DE he's a DT Bosa, Ogbah,and Buckner are all DE.

Robinson is a stud too there is a lot of good DL prospects and I'm high on Buckner as a 3-4 DE.

Billings wouldn't be a 3-4 DE.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
He's been my favourite player in the draft outside of the top 10 all year. I have no idea why he's thought of as a 2nd-round pick.

Yeah Walter football is very vague about their overall rankings...he's a top 15 pick.

Billings is Aaron Donald but stronger. Considering what Donald is doing for the Rams, Billings is an excellent selection for the top 10 given the team need. Now, is the Niner's need for a dominating interior lineman more significant than a dominate offensive lineman--that is the question.
Originally posted by pickle:
Billings is Aaron Donald but stronger. Considering what Donald is doing for the Rams, Billings is an excellent selection for the top 10 given the team need. Now, is the Niner's need for a dominating interior lineman more significant than a dominate offensive lineman--that is the question.

I don't like this Donald comparison. Donald wins using his first step and quickness while Billings uses brute strength. Donald was considered undersized and there were questions about his ability to hold up at the POA. With Billings there are no questions about that. Two completely different players.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by pickle:

I don't like this Donald comparison. Donald wins using his first step and quickness while Billings uses brute strength. Donald was considered undersized and there were questions about his ability to hold up at the POA. With Billings there are no questions about that. Two completely different players.

This is what a NFL Executive said...

One NFL executive described Baylor junior DL Andrew Billings as "an Aaron Donald-type game-plan wrecker" and the safest prospect in the draft, according to NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

"Baylor DT Andrew Billings" For me, it's Billings. Worst case is he's a solid, disruptive starter. Best case -- he's an Aaron Donald-type game-plan wrecker," The NFL exec told Daniel Jeremiah. Last Saturday, the 6-foot-1, 310-pound junior showed off his disruptive force in Baylor's win over Oklahoma State, as he posted 2.5 tackles for loss as well as 2 sacks. Nov 25 - 3:37 PM
Source: NFL.com
Did I watch him chase down a RB in that video and push him out of bounds?
This guy looks like he could play DE in a 3-4, but he has the size of a NT. I like what I'm seeing so far, however the dude needs to work on that pad level, bull rushing every play won't work in the NFL (maybe it was just the clips but I didn't really see him lower that center of gravity much.)

Good find NY, wouldn't mind a first on this guy if it was for DE
Draft back into the 1st with our second plus others? Will he sink to around #20-25?
Share 49ersWebzone