LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Devonte Fields

I've had a draft crush on this prospect ever since I included him in my mock for this years draft (2015) and he didn't declare
He has been in some mocks on these forums since then so I figured maybe its time for his thread!

He currently plays for Louisville (xferring from TCU) and has had 3 sacks over the last two games. I think he would make a great pass rushing OLB in our 3-4
Coming in at around 6-4 255lbs this guy has been described as,
"A player with the potential to be the top NFL prospect out of TCU since LaDainian Tomlinson in 2001, Fields burst onto the college scene as a true freshman, leading the team with 18.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks. He earned Conference Freshman of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year honors"

However, that was before his domestic abuse incident, since being dismissed from the TCU program Fields has completed some anger managment classes and has been cleared to play.

Highlight tape

If it weren't for the incidents this kid has been involved in, I have no doubt he would be a top 10 pick.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Nov 24, 2015 at 2:38 PM ]
Here are some of his bigger hits on QBs, I love the way this kid plays

Victim #1
Case McCoy

Victim #2
Garrett Gilbert

Victim #3
Seth Doege

Victim #4
Connor Cook
LOOK AT THAT SPIN MOVE

Keep in mind that all of this videos are just from his freshman year
[ Edited by Quest4six on Nov 24, 2015 at 2:44 PM ]
His take on the domestic abuse charges

Ok, I'm done.
Too many videos lol
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/pyrnotes.php?pyid=122947&draftyear=2017&genpos=DE

Made the honorable mention list after only playing a handful of games this season.
Bump for some webzone love
Where do you guys see him getting drafted??
Because of some off the field issues, I think a team would spend a 4-5th round pick on him.
Although, if he ends up having a great bowl game, he could probably secure a 2-3rd round pick (especially if he explodes at the combine which is probable)
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Because of some off the field issues, I think a team would spend a 4-5th round pick on him.
Although, if he ends up having a great bowl game, he could probably secure a 2-3rd round pick (especially if he explodes at the combine which is probable)

It would be nice if we can score another nasty pass rusher, similar to how we got Aaron Lynch in the 5th.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Louisville redshirt junior DE Devonte Fields announced he is returning to school for the 2016 season.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Louisville redshirt junior DE Devonte Fields announced he is returning to school for the 2016 season.

Good move for him though. If he has another good season and stays out of trouble, his draft stock will improve significantly.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 7, 2016 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DeUh:

Good move for him though. If he has another good season and stays out of trouble, his draft stock will improve significantly.

Would be a nice fit for the Niners, but they will have to wait. Damn.

Good write up on him, I think if we have the picks for him in the 4-5th round we should spend one on him.
I think his off the field stuff is long behind him, hopefully the new regime sees that also

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-louisville-olb-devonte-fields/

Devonte Field/EDGE/Louisville — 6'2", 235 Lbs

The Good

-Quick, efficient spin move to beat tackles inside
-Good understanding and awareness as a defender
-Diagnoses what's happening in front of him quickly
-Good feel for getting hands up in passing lanes when he can't get home
-Really strong, quick club/rip move to beat tackles around the edge
-Productive player that has lived in the backfield throughout his career

The Bad

-Effort can be an issue; tends to take plays off when not coming towards him and rarely pursues plays from the backside
-Struggles to set the edge against the run
-Can be overpowered at point of attack; really struggles to anchor
-Labors to get off blocks to find the football against the run
-Limited athlete in space
-Dismissed from TCU in 2014 for threatening then-girlfriend with a gun

Really like what he does when the RB runs out in to the flats here
Doubt he's on our board.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
knucklehead
  • fan49
  • Veteran
hes worth a 2nd round pick easy with no off the field issues. He would be the best steal in the draft on a 3rd day pick
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/187002-devonte-fields-olb-louisville/search=devonte%20fields
^^^ this isn't the original thread but still has a lot on conversation for the guy.
Share 49ersWebzone