There are 224 users in the forums

Geek's Newest Mock Plan

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Trades:

1. Colin Kaepernick and 5th round pick (comp pick) for Eagles 3rd round pick and conditional 2017 pick

2. Vance McDonald for 2017 conditional pick.

3. Antonie Bethea and 6th round pick (comp pick) for Raiders 5th round pick.

Cuts: Brooks - DE/LB, Pears - OT, Simpson - WR, Dorsey - DL

Key Resignings: Boldin - WR, Dawson - K, Williams - DL, Celek - TE, Wilhoite - LB (RFA), TJE - DL (RFA)

Free Agency Additions:

Muhammad Wilkerson - DT/DE - Jets: We spend a s*** ton of money on this guy. He makes everyone else better.

Mitchell Schwartz - RT - Browns: Top 10 tackle in the NFL that is a Cali native. Anthony Davis moves to RG and Marcus Martin backs him up.

Tamba Hali - DE/LB - Chiefs: Competes with Harold, Lemonier, and Carradine for the starting OLB spot opposite of Lynch.

Colby Fleener - TE - Colts: Competes with the trio for the starting gig.

NFL Draft:

49ers trade 1st round pick for Jets 20th, 2nd round, and 2017 2nd round pick. Jets trade up for Jared Goff/Connor Cook.

R1: Taylor Decker - OT/OG - Ohio State (via NYJ): Immediate starter at LG but future LT when Staley retires.

R2: Will Fuller - WR - Notre Dame: Hyper-productive receiver that competes with Patton and Ellington for the #3 spot.

R2: KeiVarae Russell - CB - Notre Dame (via NYJ): Pushes Brock for a starting spot while Johnson competes with Acker on the other side.

R3: Dak Prescott - QB - Miss. St: Kap 2.0? Hopefully he's that, and then some.

49ers trade two 4th round picks (own and comp) for a mid 3rd round pick.

R3: Jalen Mills - S - LSU (via trade): Swing safety that provides much needed depth and playmaking ability. Potential replacement for Reid.

R3: Dan Voltz - C - Wisconsin (via OAK): The classic PUP/IR player for Baalke, Voltz should be ready to go by Pre-Season. Blue chip prospect.

R5: Josh Ferguson - RB - Illinois (via SD): Competes with Draughn and Davis for time as the #2 RB behind Hyde.

R5: Joe Schobert - ILB - Wisconsin: Could be a late gem surprise as a 3-4 ILB.

R6: Matt Johnson - QB - BGSU (via DAL): Highly efficient and effective QB that competes with Prescott as the #2. PS

R6: Chris Mayes - NT/DE - Georgia: (via DEN): Developmental NT prospect that competes with Purcell. PS

R6: Donnel Pumphrey - RB - SDSU (comp): Sporles type back with fast feet and nimble as a receiver. Similar to Thomas on the Chiefs. PS

Depth Chart:

QB: Gabbert/Prescott*
RB: Hyde/Draughn/Davis/Ferguson*
FB: Miller
TE: Fleener*/Celek/Bell

WR: Boldin/Smelter
WR: Smith/Ellington
WR: Patton/Fuller*

LT: Staley
LG: Decker*/Thomas
C: Kilgore/Voltz*
RG: Davis*/Martin
RT: Schwartz*/Brown

LE: Wilkerson*/Jerod-Eddie
NT: Williams/Purcell
RE: Armstead/Dial

OLB: Hali*/Harold/Lemonier
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
ILB: Hodges/Schobert*
OLB: Lynch/Carradine

CB: Brock/Russell*/Reaser
CB: Johnson/Acker/Ward
FS: Reid/Mills*
SS: Tartt/McCray

ST: Dawson, Pinion, Nelson

PS: Johnson (QB), Mayes (NT), Pumphrey (RB), Hayne (RB), Rush (LB), Whitehead (DB), Campbell (WR), Hawkins (OT)
Will Fuller announced a few weeks ago that he is coming back to ND next season. If he doesn't hear he's going to be a first round pick, I imagine he will stick to his decision. Wilkerson would be nice, but he's good enough to be franchised if the Jets are smart.

The Jets trade doesn't make too much sense to me. Geno Smith has looked okay and is still young. We need a QB more than they do and I can't imagine them giving that much up unless we're picking in the 5-7 range which is way too early for Connor Cook (trade value calculator says it's a wash for the 6th pick). If they want Cook, they can sit back and wait to take him at 20 or spend a mid-round pick move up a few picks for him.

I like the Russell and Voltz picks. We need to address the offensive line and I we have depth at corner, but we don't have anyone with Russell's athleticism. Kendall Fuller is another corner who could slip into the 2nd round due to injury. He's 6' and probably has long arms like his brother Kyle Fuller. I wouldn't be mad if we took him with our first pick in the 2nd round.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd rather draft Goff/Cook for ourselves.
No. Just draft Goff/Cook
Who in their right minds would trade for Vance McDonald or Bethea? A 3rd for Colin seems high but possible. That trade with the Jets makes no sense. I don't see Prescott being much of anything in the NFL and no way would i draft him in the 3rd over taking Goff or Cook in the 1st round. Just makes no sense. They aren't moving Davis to G. Where is the pass rush in this mock? I would definitely spend a 2nd rounders on a potential pass rusher over a slot wr. Ali is a solid player but he'll be 33 next year. Team is currently on pace for lowest sacks in team history. They need more talent than just Ali.
We cannot/should not go all in with Blaine Gabbert..
Like the FAs you wanted to bring in. HATE the draft picks. Fuller isn't coming out this year already stated it.

You want to roll in with Blaine and Prescott as our QBs don't want to spend a 2nd on a CB, we have s**t ton of young CBs that have shown they can play. where's the pass rush? Not sure were you have us drafting (I'm guess top 5 ) you'd get a ton more than what the Jet's are giving up if what they want in a possible franchise QB.

Don't want a old Ali either.
Really like the FA's especially Wilkerson.
Trading down from the possibility Goff of or a top player such as Jaylon Smith to draft Prescott who is basically Kaepernick Lite in the latter round......

Please no more project QB's or guys who are better athletes than quarterbacks.

Wilkerson is a popular choice and would be a damn good addition but from what I've been reading out of New York, the Jets are very likely to franchise him and then attempt to trade him for another 1st rounder.

Fuller isn't coming out.

I'd far rather have Mack at C than Schwartz at right tackle. Plenty of tackle depth throughout this draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 22, 2015 at 10:55 AM ]
I didn't mind your last mock but this one sucked. If Goff is there or one of the elite tackles or Bosa/Nkemdiche then you draft them. Screw the picks.

Originally posted by AUniner:
I didn't mind your last mock but this one sucked. If Goff is there or one of the elite tackles or Bosa/Nkemdiche then you draft them. Screw the picks.

Agreed. The Niners will have nine of their own picks plus 3 potential comp picks for Gore, Skuta, and Iupati. Use the picks and don't overthink it.
Share 49ersWebzone