There are 169 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner DL - Oregon

I see Buckner as a top 15 pick this year, and I feel he should be a guy to target if some of the top guys are gone. Pair him with his former teammate and you could have the makings of an elite D-line

I would love to pick him if we could trade down and gain an extra mid round pick because IMO he'll go outside the top 10 and we will probably pick in the top 10.
Armstead has looked pretty good to me so far, but Buckner has looked better in college than Armstead. I think this would be a good pick. Two 6-7 300 pound 3-4 DEs to lock down the line for years to come. The only thing is, DL is probably the 49ers strongest position right now. But we'll have plenty of cap space to fill needs with free agents.
Originally posted by Trath44:
Armstead has looked pretty good to me so far, but Buckner has looked better in college than Armstead. I think this would be a good pick. Two 6-7 300 pound 3-4 DEs to lock down the line for years to come. The only thing is, DL is probably the 49ers strongest position right now. But we'll have plenty of cap space to fill needs with free agents.

IMO safety, cornerback, wide receiver and running back are stronger than DL.
Originally posted by Trath44:
our d-line is solid but has to be as good as possible. bolster it up with 5-star-talent,lean back and watch the opp QBs eating grass or running for their lifes due to open rushing lanes on almost every down.
DBs could take a day of on every Sunday
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
cb and safety, I'm with you. rb, wer dont know and WR is questionable a little bit.
Boldin is declining, Patton is still a question mark, Ellington will be a slot receiver only imho. Simpson sucks and hasn't ever been a #1-WR anyway. Smelter? White???
we certainly need a reliable receiver.
Originally posted by communist:
cb and safety, I'm with you. rb, wer dont know and WR is questionable a little bit.
Boldin is declining, Patton is still a question mark, Ellington will be a slot receiver only imho. Simpson sucks and hasn't ever been a #1-WR anyway. Smelter? White???

I agree we need a more reliable receiver but we have some players with potential to become a WR2 or even WR1(Patton, Smelter, Ellington, White and Anderson). In the DL I like most of the guys as a run defender but the only guy who can provide a help to Aaron Lynch in the pass rush is Armstead and I don't think the other guys can develop in 3 down DLs.
[ Edited by joaosoarrs99 on Nov 11, 2015 at 8:42 AM ]
I agree we need a more reliable receiver but we have some players with potential to become a WR2 or even WR1(Patton, Ellington, White and Anderson). In the DL I like most of the guys as a run defender but the only guy who can provide a help to Aaron Lynch in the pass rush is Armstead and I don't think the other guys can develop in 3 down DLs.
then we apparently need a D-liner
Originally posted by communist:

I don't think anyone thinks Simpson is a #1 Torrey smith and smelter will be the top dogs...I think grabbing a player like Thomas or fuller in the 2nd would be nice. Minus Treadwell I don't see any real studs at WR in this draft. FA is always a option as well for WR.

Buckner is a beast I'd be happy with him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't think anyone thinks Simpson is a #1 Torrey smith and smelter will be the top dogs...I think grabbing a player like Thomas or fuller in the 2nd would be nice. Minus Treadwell I don't see any real studs at WR in this draft. FA is always a option as well for WR.

IMO this class WR studs are Boyd and Doctson.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

IMO this class WR studs are Boyd and Doctson.

Pass on Boyd doctson is pretty good but I think he just got hurt?

Treadwell is #1 IMO he reminds me of Dez...as long as he stays healthy he will be a fine wr.
watched clips/games of AA last year and saw 44 just dominating...if we win a couple more games and get a lower pick I'd love this kid! I think as the draft process goes on he's will be going up the boards.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM ]
That play he made on Saturday vs. CAL where he chased a guy from behind reminded me of Justin smith 2011 vs. Phily.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
That play he made on Saturday vs. CAL where he chased a guy from behind reminded me of Justin smith 2011 vs. Phily.

I think having Buckner and AA would be a stud DL for years to come!
Good player, but he's going to be in the Armstead range. There's going to be some talent there if we trade back.

I'm digging Carl Nassib. He's a phoenomenal football player who hasn't developed his body yet. I think he's going to be a steal for someone, especially after he bulks up. He's my Henry Anderson player. He could even line up as a rush LB as a rookie. He's got the frame to easily add 10-15. I love his motor and I see that Justin Smith bull rush.

If the draft was today and I was running the show, I'd be stoked about the talent in the 2nd. Vadal Alexander, Darron Lee, Nassib, Derrick Henry, the Geogia OLBs... I know a couple guys are going to slip into the 1st, but there's some value there
[ Edited by strickac on Nov 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone